Opening for Diesel Mechanic position.
QR Code Link to This Post
Majority of work will be repairs and maintenance of CDL-A and CDL-B diesel test vehicles.
• At least three (3) years of diesel mechanic experience
• Experience with after-treatment systems, powertrain systems, and DOT knowledge
• Ability to read schematics and work with clients on repairs
• Ability to diagnosis vehicles and report to customers promptly
• Must provide own hand tools and toolbox
• Be able to lift and/or move up to 75lbs occasionally
This is what is desired:
• ASE Certifications
• Basic to advanced computer skills
• Experience in management and/or staff supervision
• Current Class A CDL license with at least 1-year truck driving experience
• Weekly inspections on both the trucks & trailers w/ inspection form.
• Repair and maintain vehicles, trucks and trailers (oil/ filter changes, lighting repair, electrical repair, fuel lines, injectors, brake adjustments & replacements, A/C systems, etc.).
• DOT/ FMCSA inspections (need to have those capabilities)
• Ability to check faults on vehicles with customer provided equipment.
• Email site manager with any vehicle issues to provide to customer with photos of issues (needs to also have good writing skills).
• Keep inventory of parts and fluids, and note parts usage, and be responsible for shipping parts back out
• Schedule services at vehicle dealers like MHC, McKinney, Best Drive, etc.
• Drive vehicles, trucks or trailers to the services providers or pick up missing shifts, or drive vehicles between lot and garage.
• Keep track of hours spent on repairs with a spreadsheet and turn in each billing cycle.
• Need to make sure all vehicles are clean and washed on-site.