Can you keep people and projects organized? Are you able to adapt to a variety of tasks in an ever-changing environment? We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who wants to be part of our passionate and family-oriented team. We are an essential business and have continued working through the pandemic so, we are looking for a dependable individual who reports to work as scheduled. The Residential Superintendent position crucial to the operation and needs to effectively communicate with teammates, clients and vendors. If you collaborate well with others and have a willingness to learn, we want to work with you!
Position Summary: Monitor projects from planning to completion, including tasks such as scheduling of materials and manpower. Follow quality standards and ensure the safety and security of the construction site. Communicate and coordinate with project superintendents and other trades. Verify and submit employee timecards for payment. Inventory equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preview project with Residential Production Manager and Estimator.
• Coordinate scheduling and sequencing with GC /Client.
• Coordinate deliveries of materials and equipment.
• Inventory materials and equipment.
• Attend subcontractor meetings and record pertinent information critical to the job.
• Direct manpower, establish goals and production.
• Monitor daily production.
• Review and approve field timecards. Submit to payroll.
• Monitor attendance and employee issues and report to Production Manager, documenting any disciplinary action taken.
• Inspect and control job quality.
• Conduct toolbox safety talks twice a month with their team.
• Attend quarterly production meetings with field employees and other upper management.
• Attend bi-weekly department meeting
• Pre-plan hazardous tasks with Safety Manager.
• Enforce jobsite and company rules.
• Assist when applicable in interviewing, selecting, and training employees.
• Recommend employee pay adjustments.
• Handle employee complaints and grievances and disciplining them when necessary.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
• Driving to locations around the state.
• Normally inside but not temperate controlled.
• Job site conditions influenced by other trades.
• Intermittent noise as well as dusty and dirty conditions.
• Walking surfaces with debris, cords, and tools.
• Working on ladders and various types of scaffolds.
Physical Demands: The physical demands as described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
• Regularly lifting and carrying 50 pounds and occasionally 120 pounds.
• Walking and carrying on uneven terrain and stairs.
• Stooping, walking, and standing four to six hours daily.
• Climbing ladders and scaffolds daily.
• Knowledge of blueprint reading, basic math, and general construction practices.
• Knowledge of local codes and inspection processes as well as industry standards and best practices for the drywall industry.
• Expert in hanging, finishing, and texture installation.
The keys to success in this position are:
• Consistent, in-person management on jobsites.
• Effective time management.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with sub-contractor management to pass along information to subcontractor's employees.
• Ability to understand and adapt to different personalities.
Education and Experience:
• High school degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
• Able to demonstrate consistent experience and successful track record in construction through one of the following areas: sales/estimating, superintendent, purchasing.
• Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Quick Bid Estimating. Proficiency in reading and understanding specifications and drawings, preferred or equivalent
• Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations.
• Working knowledge of building code standards and construction methods in the wall and ceiling industry is preferred.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Colorado - North Front Range Area
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Must be able to work weekends when necessary
Salary: $55,000 - $75,000 Annually
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers