compensation: $16 to $30 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
PINKARD CONSTRUCTION CO.
Pinkard is dedicated to promoting from within whenever it is possible, so we make employee development a priority. We believe that this approach best fits our culture and our values, and is best for both our employees and our clients. We are working to fill the following position.
Position: Apprentice or Journeyman Carpenter
Full time $16-$30 per hour
Standard Pinkard Benefits including medical, dental, vision, EAP, disability, life, 401k, PTO, and Profit Sharing
Positions Eligible: All
Reporting to the Self Performance Manager the Apprentice or Journeyman Carpenter position is key to delivering a construction project to the client. Responsibilities include:
• Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
• Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
• Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
• Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
• Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers
• Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
• Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
• Install door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
• Bore bolt holes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using a power drill.
• Dig or direct digging of postholes and set poles to support structures.
• Build chutes for pouring concrete.
Contact HR for a complete Job Description, including physical requirements.
To apply for this position, contact Jeff Cover or Pinkard Human Resources.
Pinkard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pinkard may pay above or below the pay range stated above, based on legal factors unrelated to sex or ethnicity
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers