compensation: $17/hour + $20-$100 in tips/tour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you love sharing Denver history and imparting new food experiences onto others? Do you like being the center of attention? This could be the job for you! Delicious Denver Food Tours specializes in guided walking food tours of Denver's tastiest restaurants.
================= Hiring Tour Guides =================
We are looking for people who are high-energy, self-motivated, funny, and passionate! Love Denver and love talking about it? How about the idea of having up to 24 sets of eyeballs on you for up to 3 hours straight? Love to connect with new people and tell stories? Then we want to talk to you!
We will provide the training to help you become knowledgeable about the history of Denver, the restaurants we partner with, and how to give a fun and engaging tour.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in all aspects of a small business and work with passionate individuals who are making big things happen in this town. This is a dream job for someone with strong people skills and a motor mouth and wit to boot!
================= Responsibilities: =================
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Give an engaging, fun, and knowledgeable tour! For more information on our tours, please visit our website: www.DeliciousDenverFoodTours.com.
- Foster and nurture personal relationships with all partners, so that you can make your guests feel like they are part of something "special" for the duration of their tour.
- Provide accurate directions, restaurant recommendations, and other activities of interest to tour participants.
- Actively seek out information and interesting history and food factoids and be excited to share that knowledge with fellow Tour Guides.
- Calm under pressure, not easily flustered, quick on your feet, and ability to create personal relationships with each tour participant.
- Assist with daily operations and maintenance of the tours, including: signing guests in for each tour, troubleshooting ticketing concerns, inventory management, and notifying the team of any pertinent changes or information in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as required.
====================== Position Requirements: ======================
- Very high energy level. You will be performing as your job!
- Communicate and connect quickly with customers, so they feel they are part of something special. These are no ordinary tours!
- Think quickly on your feet, and not let things ruffle you easily (or at least not have it show!).
- Natural sense of humor, ability to improvise, and make people feel at ease immediately.
- Enjoy working in a flexible environment with little to no direct supervision.
- Proactive problem-solver.
- Strong organizational skills, communication, and attention to detail.
- Be a team player. Over-communication is always appreciated.
- Must be able to be on your feet and walking constantly for up to 3-4 hours straight, on a regular basis.
- Must have lived in Denver for at least a year.
- You must have strong knowledge of the Denver dining scene (both expensive and inexpensive), tourist attractions, and how to navigate the city by foot, bus, and car to get from location to location.
- Must already have or be willing to procure a computer at home with internet access, smart phone, and watch.
- Must be willing to commute to/from downtown/RiNo for tours.
- Will need to complete a non-compete agreement prior to employment.
- Previous tour guiding experience is not required.
============= Compensation: =============
- $17.00/hour + $20 - $100 tips/tour (varies based on tour type and duration)
- Paid training (~10 days)
- Bonuses and commissions paid on tours you sell
- Monthly team meeting (with food!)
- Must be available work weekends (1-3 afternoons/week is ideal)
- Preference will be given to applicants who have greater flexibility to take on extra shifts on short notice, as well as additional shifts in the busy summer months.