Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics (AI) provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments; WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities; Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records; and Tokay for backflow prevention. From source water through to the receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest-growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humor. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer who is as equally comfortable in front of a customer as they are designing a solution architecture document or crafting a response to technical requirements. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Data Management Software or SaaS, and experience in the Environmental and/or Municipal Water Market. You will work alongside the Sales Team by demonstrating the power of Aquatic Informatics’ software solutions to help win business. You will act as a bridge between Sales, Product Management, Support, and Marketing in communicating and specifying customer requirements and market needs. If you are a self-driven learner, with a passion for tinkering, and you enjoy digging into software features and functionality to create wow moments during customer demos, then we definitely want to hear from you.
● Help win business through compelling software demonstrations. These demos will include scripting, provisioning, and tailoring our software solutions to address customer pains uncovered during the discovery process.
● While working with sales, collaboratively uncover a solution architecture that addresses potential customers’ organizational challenges with Linko and Tokay software.
● Develop persuasive and repeatable demonstration scripts which showcase the power of the Linko and Tokay platforms.
● Lead the RFI/RFP technical response process including pre-bid activities, formal proposal writing, delivering presentations, and post-bid activities.
● Setup, configure and maintain a Linko and Tokay software suite demonstration site in the cloud.
● Demonstrate expert knowledge and direct hands-on experience of all Linko and Tokay software products, secondary support of WaterTrax solutions.
● Channel partner pre-sales technical support and limited training.
● Tackle complex product integration scoping and documentation in solution overview to support project pricing and project handoff to Customer Success post-sale.
● Intelligence gathering and sharing internally (customers, competitors, and markets).
● Propose solutions to prospective customers devised in conjunction with Aquatic informatics Sales, Professional Services, and Product Management teams.
● Present technical presentations at industry conferences and serve as a subject expert.
● Available to work outside regular business hours to collaborate with North American colleagues.
● Travel, about 30%, domestically and internationally.
● Post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
● Enterprise Software or SaaS Technical Pre-Sales Experience (similar to ERP sales, Data management).
● 3+ years of technical sales experience.
● Product Management exposure is helpful for communicating the voice of customer improvements to the software.
● Customer support or other experience demonstrating problem-solving customer issues.
● Outstanding presentation skills, with the ability to combine professional, persuasive, and personable delivery.
● Ability to work as part of a small independent team.
● Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented, with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate (written and oral) internally and with prospective customers.
● Self-starter who is able to prioritize and balance responsibilities.
● Superior people/customer relationship skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package base salary of $75,000 with variable compensation total on-target earnings for $85,000, additional paid days off, maternity & parental leave, volunteer leave, and a fitness subsidy.