compensation: commensurate with experience employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Residential Solar PV Sales Team Lead
We are looking for a unique and motivated Residential Solar PV Sales Team Lead to help grow our residential solar sales team. This is not just a sales role, but a team building, visioning, entrepreneurial position. The successful candidate will personally handle sales consultations with homeowners including proposal building, presentation, and winning satisfied solar customers. This role also includes building out the residential solar sales team with additional sales associates and working with other Ecology Solar Stakeholders to develop supplementary marketing opportunities. We are looking for someone who is excited about residential solar, excited about total business development, and wants to be a part of growing a different kind of business. We offer competitive pay structure with REAL opportunity for profit sharing or ‘employee’ ownership.
Who are we?
Ecology Solar is a local solar installation company with big aspirations. We believe that dramatically reducing the burning of fossil fuels is essential NOW in order to keep our natural ecosystems healthy.
Our sales approach is consultative; we serve instead of selling. We have conversations with people, we explain how solar energy systems work, we educate on the benefits of solar energy, we tailor solar energy systems to a client’s specific home and circumstances, and we provide fair prices for our products and services that preserve our clients’ economic benefits while providing our company with adequate revenue to serve clients well and enable our stakeholders to live well.
Our core values:
We believe in Stakeholders who share common values and a commitment to what we’re doing, not employees who punch clocks. No one is an employee. Everyone is a Stakeholder because we only want people who will “own” their work, not just do it. Employees have to be told what to do; Stakeholders are proactive and make the job better.
If you like a fluid, growing, expanding organization that is local and small, yet participating in a “hot” industry with opportunities developing at a rapid rate, and if you enjoy helping us all figure out how to grow to the next level, we could be a good fit. If you are looking for a box within which you will find a clear list of tasks to perform and regularly set times to be “at work”, please do not apply – we don’t see life that way.
Preferred skills, knowledge, sensibilities, and capabilities:
• Knowledgeable about residential solar PV value proposition
• Comfort in both self-generating new business as well as following through on company provided sales leads
• Experience with hiring, leading teams, and training in solar sales
• Experience with residential solar sales marketing development
• An understanding of and genuine enthusiasm for solar energy, and you enjoy engaging others to help them discover its benefits and adopt it.
• A sense of urgency – things can't happen tomorrow (tomorrow never comes), and leads die when they don’t get immediate attention. We need someone who will get hives if things aren't getting done today.
• An understanding of the importance of tracking lead conversions and other sales metrics.
• An appreciation for profitability. To serve our clients, stakeholders, and vendors well we must be profitable. Ecology Solar must earn a healthy (but not exorbitant) profitable.
• Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing – ESPECIALLY in writing. Our written communications, proposals and contracts must reflect our commitment to excellence.
• Take initiative and the ability to figure things out on your own.
• The ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
• A Willingness to work under pressure in an exciting and dynamic environment.
• A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes, within legal, moral, and ethical norms, to get the job done.
If interested, please respond by email with your Resume AND why you are a good fit for Ecology Solar
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers