favorite this postcouple looking for roommate for house share (move in May/June) (Lakewood/Golden/JeffCo)hide this posting
dogs are OK - wooof
QR Code Link to This Post
**Looking to move in late May/mid June; do not yet have a property in mind. Our budget is $1500-$1750**
Hi there! I'm not sure if anyone uses Craigslist anymore, but what the hell, there's no harm in trying! :)
My partner and I, along with our two dogs, moved to CO in early 2017 and have been living in a 1b apartment. Over the past 2 years we've had a ton of changes in our lives and have a much better idea of what we need out of a living situation. We'd like to find a roommate who works locally and loves dogs, as we both travel for a living (one of us travels 100%, the other 50%). The biggest reason we want to move is so that our dogs have a yard where they can run and play - the apartment is clearly bumming them out.
What we're looking for out of a house:
- at least ~1500-2000 square feet with a fenced (or easily fenceable) back yard.
- Ideally, we would have two rooms and one bathroom to ourselves.
- Our budget is flexible, depending on the situation. We're used to paying $100 to Xcel and $75 to Comcast. We understand that energy bills will be higher in a house and there may be other costs like snow/trash removal; in general we do not use much heat or a/c and would be happy with a window a/c unit and space heaters.
- We cannot live in the city or county of Denver, as one of our dogs is a pit mix.
- Within a 5-10 minute drive to an RTD station (we take the train to the airport)
- Having a dog door into a fenced back yard would basically be heaven
- One of us is a drummer and would love to have his kit set up if possible
What we're looking for in a roommate/s:
- We're open to someone single or a couple, but if you're a couple, please be ready to commit to a lease.
- Must love dogs. Awesome if you have your own!
- No indoor cats and no cigarette smoking (one of us is allergic).
- Cannabis friendly (we use medicinally and recreationally).
- Absolutely no Trump supporters. We would NOT get along. Your politics should be relatively liberal, LGBT-friendly, feminist, etc.
- Willing to be quiet in the afternoons (we regularly nap between 1-4pm) and after midnight
- Mindful of clutter in shared spaces; willing to split cleaning duties or pitch in for a cleaning service
- In a perfect world, you'd be open to watching our dogs when we're out of town for travel (we currently take them to a daycare/boarding place out in the Morrison area and are more than happy to keep doing that! But especially for shorter trips, we'd love to be able to let them stay at home occasionally, and we're open to discussing compensation for that)
- handy/competent with home repair/care (we have been homeowners before and will be again, so we are both mindful of things like roof leaks and electrical/plumbing issues and would love to live with people who are in the same headspace so we don't have to be needy tenants)
More About Us and our lifestyle:
- Moved here from the southeast to escape the humidity and the generally oppressive cultural climate.
- We both work in the music industry and in digital marketing. We own our own relatively successful business. That business has us travelling on average ~150 days out of the year, sometimes one of us, sometimes both.
- Not big drinkers (maybe 1-2x/year) but we do love cannabis
- In our late 30s/early 40s
- 99% of our home decor is professionally framed concert/event posters
- Kind of hippie-dippie, very laid back, relaxed, and chill. When we're in town, we love going to the dog park, doing yoga, visiting hot springs, taking the dogs for hikes, riding RTD to baseball games, finding weird stuff at antique malls, listening to music, watching Netflix/Hulu (we do not have cable and aren't interested)
- One of us has hearing loss and speaks loudly without realizing it (so any potential roommate would probably want to figure out some magic word/gesture to occasionally defend your own ears LOL)
- One of us has fibromyalgia and gets migraines. The flares have quieted down considerably since we've lived here, but occasionally she's transformed into a decrepit old lady who wears wrap-around sunglasses and can SMELL. EVERYTHING.
- We're NOT straight. We're a cis couple and can pass for straight, but we're definitely not.
Notes about our dogs:
- Both female, both 5 years old, both around 50 lbs.
- One is a pit mix, the other is a beagle/ridgeback mix, both rescues
- They're deeply in love with each other. It's kind of creepy but also entertaining.
- Relatively quiet but will bark if someone comes to the door (lord help us if someone rings the doorbell)
- One is 100% outdoors house-trained. To a fault. She even asks to go out if she has to barf. The other is housebroken, but she does use "puppy pads" 1/2 the time because apparently she needs complete and total privacy to poop. We do not leave dirty pads just sitting out and are very mindful of this quirk.
- They are very crate trained (it's kind of weird how good they are) and are also used to wearing anti-bark collars if necessary. When we leave the house, they are crated and listen to NPR.
- Their biggest faults are jumping up on people, and we are consistently working on breaking them of this.
- We'll be getting them certified as emotional support animals this spring (we both have anxiety and it's high time we got them properly classified)
- They're allowed on the furniture because we like to cuddle. We cover everything in blankets and wash the blankets every 10-14 days.
Notes about the common-area furnishings we currently have:
- the world's shittiest loveseat that we're hoping to get rid of when we move. We'd love to buy a couch but are open to someone else already having one
- one desk chair and two desks (one wall-mounted and the other an actual table-like thing)
- 72' TV, audio receiver w/ two speakers, a turntable, a DVD player, an apple TV and an amazon echo dot
- a really well-appointed kitchen including a juicer, air fryer, crock pot, toaster oven
- that's it. nothing else fits in our current apartment LOL
We have NOT found a house yet and would like to find someone(s) to look with us. We're open to doing a "sublease" type of situation where you wouldn't have to qualify with the actual landlord, but in that case we would require a deposit and a written lease of at least 6 months amongst ourselves.
Please feel free to request photos of the two of us, we're happy to share privately; we'd just prefer it if our current landlord didn't realize we're planning to move out.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers