compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Cator, Ruma & Associates seeks a Senior Security Designer to join our Lakewood Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating security cabling systems, design calculations, equipment review, and documentation which includes all phases from conceptual/schematic design through construction documents.
• Responsible for the overall security system planning of new construction and remodel projects.
• Create security systems design documents and specifications.
• Work directly with clients to suit their budget and prioritize project needs.
• Preparing program requirements and basis of design reports
• Interfacing with Clients, Owners, and design team members
• Preparing agendas, running design/coordination meetings and providing minutes
• Review and approve shop drawings and product data submittals and responding to RFIs
• Field coordination of installation work; Reviewing and analyzing test results
• Systems coordination, specification writing, CAD/drafting, field work, product research, and responding to client questions
• Managing resources in the development of construction documents
• Serving as a technical resource for others throughout the firm, providing thought leadership and subject matter expertise
The candidate must have:
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a high level consultant and designer for projects.
• 4 year Engineering degree / RCDD certification
• ASIS PSP Credential, ISC Certification a plus
• Previous experience in Cabled Infrastructure and Electronic Security Systems detailing and design.
• A working understanding of the standard project delivery models.
• Must be proactive and have excellent time management skills and capable of working independently; Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-player attitude in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well under strict deadlines, interface effectively with management, handle multiple requests with an eye for detail and a strong commitment to quality
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite; proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD a plus.
• Knowledge of Nurse Call, Intercom design, MATV/CATV design, public address overhead paging, Emergency call systems, and other similar systems is a plus.
• Previous experience working in an Architecture/Engineering consulting firm.
CRA is a consulting Mechanical/Electrical/Technology engineering firm that has enjoyed an excellent reputation since 1959 resulting in a broad and diverse client base. Our firm designs healthcare, educational, commercial and government facilities.
We offer an excellent benefit package including:
• Major medical with vision and dental plan 100% paid for the employee and partial for dependents.
• 401K Plan, Flex Spending Plan, Health/Fitness Plan.
• Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance plan 100% paid for the employee.
• Flex time, 9 hour days Monday through Thursday and half days on Friday.
• Generous paid holidays, monthly company activities, employee longevity awards program.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers