Major south Denver liquor retailer is seeking friendly and capable full-time Wine Department Assistant Manager. Preferred candidates will have the following attributes:
QR Code Link to This Post
- 4+ years experience in hospitality/restaurant/retail sales; or equivalent education
- Intermediate-to-advanced level of wine knowledge; wine credentials a plus
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn/use a POS computer system
- Wine industry connections a real plus
- Exceptional level of customer service
- Excellent planning, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage with customers in a prompt, engaging, down-to-earth, manner
- Ability to take direction from Wine Department Manager
- Ability to carry out objectives for the wine department as tasked
- Ability to supervise and evaluate department personnel
- Ability to multitask, and delegate duties and responsibilities in a team environment
- Ability to assist with in-store tastings, wine events, winemaker dinners, etc
- Ability to lift up to 50+ lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to organize and stock inventory
- Mature level of business acumen a must. Needs to be able to balance an interesting, diverse, and exciting wine selection with what sells well in our store.
- Must possess humility and a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for wine and customer service
Candidates with a genuine professional interest in the world of wine have potential to thrive in this environment. Our company offers competitive pay, benefits, and sales and product training.
All applicants must be 21 years of age, and must have full shift availability (days, nights, weekends and holidays).
We will only review applications accompanied by a brief cover photo demonstrating your communication skills and the reasons you are looking for a job in retail.