We have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our team, here at Goodwill.
QR Code Link to This Post
Let your leadership skills shine! We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives.
The Assistant Manager assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Outlet.
This position will be driving the supply chain management to ensure revenue, cost savings, production processes, and proper distribution of resources.
You are seen as a subject matter expert and act as an open resource to guide and train other employees on supply chain processing procedures.
This role serves as a champion and model of Goodwill's values – “FACE IT” which incorporates fun, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, innovation, and transparency in all we do.
- Opens and/or closes the outlet according to established procedures.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and orderly facility.
- Reports all accidents according to established procedures.
- Trains the essential job duties of a material handler, cashier, baler, and/or forklift operator.
- Works closely with the transportation and warehouse partners.
- Ensures daily paperwork is prepared according to established procedures.
- Answers customer questions and resolves customer disputes within authority.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Assists in auditing the quality of goods being processed.
- Gives work direction and oversees the work of employees to ensure job duties are being performed accurately.
- Completes employee time entry
- Ensures that all P.P.E (Personal Protection Equipment) is being used properly.
- Provides a smooth flow of goods to the sales floor, recycling area, and warehouse.
- Prioritizes the loading and unloading of store trucks and vendor's trailers or containers.
- Marks and stocks merchandise in proper categories and route to the designated warehouse areas.
- Builds and maintains internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Follows all Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Works flexible schedules, overtime, weekends, evenings, and holidays if required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Management or a minimum of two years related experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
Ability to pass a criminal background search and pre-employment drug test. Must have a clear Colorado driver’s license and be able to drive on Goodwill business, if necessary.