The Special Projects Shift Supervisor is hired to provide training and direct supervision of workers with disabilities who are employed to fulfill the requirements of NMCS run Federal Contract facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that the work assigned is completed daily and in an appropriate manner and ensuring that the work completed is documented appropriately. The Special Projects Shift Supervisor must be willing to work along with people with disabilities as a role model and to demonstrate actual job tasks during the work day. The incumbent must be able to maintain appropriate work standards to the highest degree.
1. Reliable, regular attendance and punctuality.
2. Supervise and train all individual with or without disabilities performing custodial duties.
3. Monitor compliance to internal work instructions and adhere to OSHA regulations.
4. Perform daily inventory and product control for janitorial supplies.
5. Responsible for identifying performance standards and communicating them to direct reports and their
6. Communicate directly and professionally with federal customers and vendors.
7. Work and communicate directly and professionally with co-workers and supervisor.
8. Access, input and retrieve information from a computer (with training).
9. Attend and participate in meetings as requested by federal customer and Janitorial Contract Manager.
10. Create and implement consistent, positive, accurate communication with staff.
11. Attend workshops, in-services, and training sessions as assigned by Project Managers.
12. Supervise, train and assist in the completion of assigned tasks on the contract.
13. Complete area specific paperwork (daily, weekly & monthly) as assigned.
14. Assist with time keeping procedures for each assigned staff member.
15. Must safely drive a 15 Passenger van, operate vehicle lifts, dolly, janitorial carts, scrubbers, and vacuums,
box cutters, brooms, shovels.
16. Complete and pass training on the use of all equipment used in the janitorial industry.
17. Use computer to access, retrieve and generate information.
18. Adhere to flexible schedule as dictated by employees with disabilities and customer needs.
19. Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
20. Work flexible hours.
21. Supervise crew and inspect work to ensure that it meets contract requirements.
22. Safely operate hand-operated pallet jack.
23. Proven knowledge of floor care equipment and techniques required.
24. Follow rules of the building where cleaning or doing special projects assigned (floor clean, re-coating, etc).
25. Hands on work, including sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, trash removal and other general
26. Maintain assigned janitorial equipment.
27. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining carpet and all hard surface floor.
28. Must pass government background check requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to understand and use appropriate grammar and vocabulary and communicate effectively,
appropriately and professionally in standard English, both verbally and in writing.
2. Ability to work independently and maintain a flexible schedule as required by the position.
3. Ability to manage time effectively.
4. Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and change priorities as needed to meet deadlines.
5. Ability to positively accept and manage change and communicate these changes in a positive manner to team
6. Strong organizational skills and ability to facilitate teams and motivate them to accomplish goals of the
contract and department in a positive manner.
7. Self-starter who is energetic and able to bring forth positive solutions.
8. Ability to react quickly and correctly in critical situations.
9. Professional demeanor and ability to safeguard confidential information.
10. Ability to use personal vehicle in the performance of job duties as needed.
11. Ability to utilize agency vehicles up to 500 miles weekly.
12. Ability to use and train for the use of personal protective equipment.
13. Ability to maintain customer invoicing and compute simple arithmetic.
1. Supervision of employees who have a disability.
1. Valid Driver's License with a driving record approved by North Metro Administration.
2. High school diploma or GED.
3. One-year experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred.
4. Three years custodial/Floor Tech experience preferred.
Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions. Areas may involve limited movement and inadequate lighting.
1. Ability to bend at the hips and knees in order to transfer janitorial supplies, and assist staff.
2. Independently push and pull 250 pound rolling dollies, pallet jacks, and wheelchairs.
3. Ability to safely and independently stand, lift, pull and pivot transfer in the use of various equipment.
4. Ability to stand and walk on hard surfaces for period of time up to 7-8 hours in an 8-10 hour day.
5. Ability to withstand exposure to various weather elements.
6. Lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance, using proper lifting techniques.
7. Dusting up to a height of 70 inches including reaching above head and lifting items to shoulder level and
8. Ability to squat, kneel, twist and bend at the knees and waist.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers