Responsible for operating a 15 passenger van to follow the assigned NMCS route list to pick up and drop off passengers in a timely and safe manner and will assist passengers in and out of the van and secure all wheelchairs with the proper tie-down procedures.
• Possess and maintain a valid drivers license with a driving record approved by North Metro Community Services, Inc.
• Maintain qualifications for federal security clearance
• Operate a van or other vehicle in a safe and responsible manner according to all relevant laws, policies and procedures.
• Transport individuals with intellectual disabilities over a scheduled route in a timely manner.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to safely operate the vehicle in all traffic and weather conditions.
• Reliable, regular attendance and punctuality.
• Complete the required paperwork completely in a timely manner.
• Maintain supervision over the individuals with intellectual disabilities while riding in the vehicle.
• Operate a wheelchair lift and correctly secure the wheelchairs or other mobility devices of the individuals that utilize them.
• Interact with the public, co-workers and individuals utilizing transportation services in a courteous, positive and respectful manner.
• Report any problems with vehicle or equipment to the Transportation Coordinator
• Maintain required training
• Fill the vehicle with gas when is gets down to ¼ tank
• Be sure registration and proof of insurance is in vehicle
• Be sure emergency equipment is in vehicle
• Complete employee time sheet/online timecard
• Valid drivers license with appropriate driving history
• Experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred
• Experience operating large passenger vehicles preferred
Tools and Equipment
Vehicles including 15-passenger vans, wheelchair lifts, wheelchair tie-downs, pencils, pens, automobiles, vans, cellular phones, computer, window scraper
Physical Activities and Requirements
• Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time
• Ability to lift 10 to 15 pounds
• Ability to move around the interior of the van between individuals who utilize wheelchairs and seats in order to secure wheelchair tie-downs
• Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time, particularly in poor driving conditions
• Willingness and ability to withstand exposure to various weather elements
• Ability to reach to shoulder level and above
• Ability to bend at the hips and knees in order to enter and exit vehicles
• Ability to twist body and head in order to observe other drivers and potential obstacles
• Ability to push/pull an individual in a wheelchair
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned.
North Metro Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers