Job Store Staffing is seeking a Warehouse Custodian and Forklift Operator for our client’s Can-Distribution company in Englewood, CO for a two month long project.
Job Purpose: To provide Machine-Shop Support and Custodial functions on a day-to-day basis
Specific duties in this role include but are not limited to:
• Use a forklift to empty chip bins at the work centers as needed on a daily basis
• Schedule the recycling company to pick-up the material recycling bins as needed
• Empty the coolant trays under the recycling bins regularly to prevent them from overflowing, and maintain a clean area around the bins
Machine Oil and Fluids:
• Maintain a weekly log that shows the levels of fluids that are on hand (drum levels)
• Notify your supervisor when levels fall below the specified reorder level
• Maintain a clean and safe area around the drum storage area
• Perform regularly scheduled inspections of the drums to prevent spill/leak hazard
Work-Center Coolant Changes:
• Empty the old coolant from work centers and refill them as requested by machine operators and/or supervisors
• Clean out work center chip trays and chip conveyors as requested by machine operators and/or supervisors
• Manage the disposal of used coolant daily
• Develop a schedule for sweeping and mopping all common floor areas in the shop regularly, and as needed
• Maintain (sweep, mop and wax regularly) tiled floors in the Deburr, Grind Rooms, and Inspection Lab
• Replace light bulbs in office areas as needed
• Perform other janitorial functions as needed
• Assist employees with the safe retrieval and handling of WIP, finished goods, materials and other items that are used in daily operation
• Maintain the manufacturing pallet rack area by continually moving items (crates/pallets/boxes) off the floor and into the rack
• Move scrap material into the recycling bins when requested by supervisors
• Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor and/or other manager at our facility
• Maintain the supplies needed to perform these duties
· This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the Warehouse Environment
· Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends
Minimum 3 years’ experience with similar duties in a manufacturing facility. Able to use forklifts, pallet jacks, cranes, and other material handling equipment safely to move product in and around our facility.
· Must be able to complete a Forklift Certification after being hired
· Must be able to pass a Physical Examination
· Must be able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
High School graduate or equivalent.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers