compensation: $19.00-$29.00/hr depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Stolle Machinery Company is the world’s leading supplier of two piece can and end-making machinery for the global can making industry. Our high speed machines can be found in can plants around the world performing the value-added functions of the can making process. In addition to supplying individual machines, we design, install and support complete can and end lines for beverage and food cans.
JOB SUMMARY: Develop programs to control machining or processing of metal parts by automatic machine tools, equipment, or systems.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
• Determine the sequence of machine operations and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine work
pieces into the desired shapes.
• Revise programs or tapes to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
• Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications and design data to calculate dimensions, tool
selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
• Determine reference points, machine cutting paths or hole locationsand compute angular and linear
dimensions, radii, and curvatures.
• Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery
will function properly and produce items that meet specifications.
• Compare programs or computer printouts with original part specifications and blueprints to verify
accuracy of instructions.
• Write programs in the language of a machine's controller or on a CAM system and store programs on company network drives.
• Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency.
• Enter computer commands to store or retrieve parts patterns, graphic displays, or programs that transfer
data to other media.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying
principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for
maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Programming — Writing computer programs for CNC equipment.
• Ability to solve complex problems, ability to use good judgement to make good decisions considering
the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Ability to draw using AutoCAD or SolidWorks software.
• “Mark up” prints and drawings to create manufacturing prints.
Prior Experience Requirements: Machinist, Programmer- control based programming (conversational and/or G&M codes),
CAM Programming, CAD Experience- 2D and Solid Modeling
• Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
• Ability to lift/maneuver 50 lbs.
• Ability to sit/stand for extended periods.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE
Please visit our website at www.stollemachinery.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers