Building Maintenance Technician II
QR Code Link to This Post
Eagle Claw Fishing Tackle, Co. is one of the most recognized names in the tackle industry and has been a manufacturer of fishing products for over 90 years. Not only do we manufacture our fishhooks right here in Denver, CO, but we distribute premium quality fishhooks, rods, reels, and terminal fishing tackle throughout the United States and in over 40 countries worldwide.
Along with being a great place to work, we offer medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurance, supplemental life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, EAP, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match, paid holidays, paid vacation time, paid personal time, education assistance, and bonus opportunities may be available.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Our Building Maintenance Technicians perform a full range of semi-skilled duties related to the maintenance, repair and upkeep of buildings and facilities.
Assist in maintaining company buildings and property to provide a safe, comfortable and productive work environment.
Attendance & Schedule
Consistent and regular attendance is required. Person in this position must be able to work a minimum 40 hours per week. A four day work week is typical for this position, which may include: Monday – Thursday or Tuesday - Friday work week, 5:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. A five day week (Monday – Friday, 5:00 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.) may be required to provide vacation/leave of absence coverage or during training periods. Emergency response coverage (nights or weekends) will periodically be required.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent
• Requires high degree of mechanical aptitude.
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience with HVAC and process exhaust systems.
• Requires broad knowledge and experience in plumbing
• Must have a valid Colorado, or other State, drivers license
• Requires extensive experience working with electricity and knowledge of electrical circuitry.
• Must have good communication skills at all levels.
• Must be able to read, write and have basic math skills.
• Requires experience with safe use of table saws, miter saws, drill presses, band saws, airless paint sprayer, cup sprayer, soldering torches, and all common hand tools (i.e., wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers etc.).
• Must have basic computer familiarity including e-mail and Microsoft programs
• Must be able to operate scissor lift and other powered industrial trucks
• Must have EPA Section 608 refrigerant certification.
• Follow all company safety rules and applicable regulatory requirements in the course of performing duties
• Responsible for opening up the building for office personnel weekday mornings
• Monitor and regulate office and plant environment and associated heating/cooling equipment to ensure a comfortable work environment
• Monitor and maintain facility grounds, which includes snow removal, grass trimming, weed removal, trash pick-up and any other activities necessary to preserve the professional appearance of the property
• Monitor and maintain the interior and exterior building structure which includes painting, concrete and asphalt repair, drywall patching and any other activities necessary to preserve the professional appearance of the premises
• Perform preventative maintenance on facility HVAC systems, air compressors and other equipment
• Diagnose problems, identify corrective measures and repair HVAC systems.
• Assist in development and implementation of preventative maintenance procedures
• Works with security monitoring company and fire protection contractors to assist with maintenance of facility fire protection equipment
• Performs complex carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing tasks. Demonstrated skills in each area
• Install light fixtures and repair/replace light bulbs and ballasts.
• Able to work from schematics, blueprints, sketches or oral direction
• Familiar with applicable local, state and national codes and regulations
• Clear obstructions from toilets, sinks and drains and perform associated housekeeping tasks
• Be on call and respond to building emergencies during nights and weekends
• Install, relocate and/or reassemble office furniture
• Set up chairs, tables and other equipment for company functions
• Monitor contractor work activities to ensure work is proceeding in a safe and efficient manner
• Hang signs and banners
• Perform other similar or less skilled work
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
• Must be able to wear any safety equipment required for the position such as safety–toe shoes, safety glasses, gloves, fall protection equipment, hearing protection and any other protective equipment necessary for the safe completion of work.
• Certain tasks are inherently messy - operator must be willing to get dirty in order to complete the work.
• Individual must be capable of successfully completing an initial program of classroom instruction regarding the nature of handling, storage and treatment of hazardous material including a review of applicable environmental and safety regulations. Must be willing to continue on the job training on this subject which will be done when deemed necessary by Supervisor or when new materials or regulations are introduced. This training must include emergency response procedures including shutdown of operations.
• Works inside and outside in any and all weather conditions and will be exposed to temperature variations typical of historic Denver weather conditions
• May be exposed to dust, paint, thinners and other chemical fumes during the course of normal maintenance duties below permissible exposure limits
• The technician must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Must be capable of working on roof to a height of 50 feet.
• Must be able to climb steps and work from ladders or lift truck platform to a height of 50 feet.
• Must be able to work with hands and arms using all types of tools and machinery
• Must be able to reach upward and outward, push, pull, lift up to 80 pounds occasionally and 30 pounds frequently.
• Must be able to push/pull up to 1200 pounds using a pallet jack
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for entire 10 hour shift, and longer if overtime is required.
• Must be able to reach, bend, crawl and twist and be able to work in areas of building where space is limited.
• Must be able to work in small places to repair equipment.
Any tools of the trade that would be necessary to complete the Building Maintenance Tech duties (e.g., carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry). This includes hand tools and power tools.