My name is Melissa Martin and I am a professional nanny and childcare provider. I recently moved from Littleton to Centennial. I closed my licensed home childcare and I am currently seeking a full-time nanny position or a nanny-share. I am 45 years old. I have been working with children for 32 years. Most recently, I ran a licensed home childcare, working with approximately six infants and toddlers per day, for the last 7 years. Prior to that, I was a nanny for two years for a wonderful family in Denver with two small girls. I ran an informal childcare for two years before that and I was home with my son for one year before I became a nanny and childcare provider. I have been babysitting since I was 13 years old. I've always loved children and enjoyed spending time with them, especially the youngest ones. I've had experience working with special needs children and I have focused my educational opportunities on expanding my knowledge of best behavioral guidance practices. My style of care is loving and confident. I have had some time-off from work since moving over the summer and I have missed having little ones in my life so much! I'm so excited to meet you and yours!
Here are some highlights about my care:
• I have taken many college-level child care courses including: Child Psychology I & II, ABA Introduction (Applied Behavioral Analysis), PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention & Support), Love & Logic Parenting, child/infant safety and CPR. I make sure to expand my education on a yearly basis and to update my certifications.
• I strive to feed the children organically and to prepare meals with high standards of nutrition. I am able to accommodate many food allergies and special diets.
• I do all that I can to keep the home free of chemicals and pollutants.
• I have extensive experience, excellent references and I always have a wonderful time with the children in my care.
• My early childhood education experience has focused on special needs children and behavioral management. So, I am qualified and happy to assist with any behavioral issues as they come up.
• I have extensive experience helping children and parents navigate sleep routines, potty training, tantrums, social issues and independence.
• I have worked with many nursing mothers and babies and I am happy to help and support that bond in any way I can.
• I will adhere to the safety standards that I was held to under the terms of my home childcare license.
• I believe in a collaborative approach to childcare in which I honor your input as the parents of the child/ren and you respect my contributions as an experienced, professional childcare provider.
• I am a non-smoker
• I allow a minimal amount of media use. I prefer to engage children in interactive and imaginative play.
• I know a bit of Spanish that I can teach the children. I also use sign language to help infants develop their communication skills when they are pre-verbal.
• I own a well-maintained minivan and I have a perfect driving record. I am available to transport your child/ren to classes, doctor's appointments and enrichment activities between the hours of 9:30am-2:30pm, M-F (10:30-2:30 on Wednesdays).
• I have experience designing and implementing educational curriculums for preschoolers.
• I strongly believe in ensuring that children have access and opportunities for outdoor play and physical activities, so I make sure to build that into the schedule each day.
• Structure is essential to the well-being of young children. So, I will work with you to create a schedule and routine that works best for your child/ren.
• Children should have fun! So, I will plan fun activities and interactions with your child/ren each day including: Listening to music, dancing, coloring and other art projects, blowing bubbles, going on treasure hunts, reading, attending story time and other enriching activities based on age-appropriateness and the interests and needs of your child/ren.
Here are a few quotes submitted by parents over the years regarding my care:
"My family and I are so thankful that we found Melissa! We were very nervous changing from a structured corporate-owned day care facility to a licensed in-home daycare. Thankfully, Melissa has totally abolished any fears we had. We appreciate her caring nature and the personal attention that our child now gets. We changed our daycare plan in hopes of saving money. . .now, not only are we saving a ton, but the care my son now gets and the adventures he takes are priceless. Melissa and M&m('s) daycare have been part of our family for (7 years) now and we will highly recommend her!" -Michele Norton, Ryker's mom
"Melissa is so wonderful with children! She has such a natural, easy way of relating to them and has so much to offer!" -Jamie Sullivan, teacher and mother of Ella and Kieran
"We have known Melissa & Co. for almost (7 years). She is one of those people we just felt comfortable with from the start. Great with the parents, and awesome with the kids. Our 2 daughters always come home with stories of adventure and look forward to the next day there. Thanks M&m's for giving us a fun and safe place to take care of business." -Doug Murphy, father to Emma and Morgan
$20/hour (full-time only, higher hourly rates may apply for part-time care)
$2/hour for a second child (or for special needs considerations)
$1/hour for each additional child
My available hours:
7:30am-5:30pm (some evening flexibility)
These are the conditions that need to be met to ensure that the care situation works for both of our families:
• You do not own any furry pets unless they are non-allergenic and do not require much upkeep by me.
• You live in the LPS school district, preferably as close as possible to me near Arapahoe Road and Holly.
• You are a non-smoking family.
• You are willing to adequately child-proof your home so that my daily emphasis can be on fun, enriching activities rather than basic safety.
• You agree to keep my responsibilities focused on childcare and less on home management. (I'm happy to do cooking and clean-up relating to childcare.)
• You agree to provide a small space for me to keep some of my childcare materials (music, books, puzzles, etc.) so that I do not need to bring them with me every day.
• You are comfortable with me bringing my 11-year-old son to your home before and after school and on days he is off school. I can either transport him to school with your little ones or arrange a bus. He loves the little ones and is a great helper!
• You agree to deduct taxes from my income and to pay all employer-related taxes. (There are services available to help you through this process.)
For a copy of my resume, if you have further questions or would like to schedule an interview, please contact me ASAP as I will be available for interviews starting immediately.
Thank you so much for taking the time to look over this information! I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully having the opportunity to meet you and your family.
NO contacteu amb mi per oferir serveis o ofertes no demanades