See www.douglascountychildcare.com for more information or to SEARCH online.
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for licensed childcare in Douglas County?
Consider contacting the Douglas County Child Care Association for FREE referrals to licensed providers in your area.
Call Cathy Zeiler for Highlands Ranch area (includes Lone Tree, Acres Green and Centennial): # show contact info
Sabrina Fulks for Castle Rock area: # show contact info
Joanne Payne for Parker and Elizabeth area: # show contact info
Why choose a licensed childcare provider?
* Yearly inspections help ensure that licensed childcare homes are safe for children, including basic safety measures like outlet covers, gates around stairways, working fire alarms, covers over sharp corners, etc. Inspectors also ensure the availability of age-appropriate toys and learning opportunities.
* The State verifies that licensed providers only watch a certain number of children at one time, with an even smaller limit on the number of infants, ensuring personalized care.
* Licensed providers are required to stay current in childcare issues, with 15 hours of continuing education required each year, in topics such as Preparing for Kindergarten, Potty Training, Car Seat Safety, Holiday Crafts, and Storytelling.
* Licensed Providers are current in CPR/First Aid, and must re-certify this every 2 years, ensuring that your child is as safe as possible, should an injury occur.
* Licensed providers often choose home daycare as their career, meaning that they take the job of caring for young children very seriously. Many licensed providers buy curriculum for their daycare, and tailor the activities for their specific group.
* Your child receives individual attention from one licensed provider who is devoted to the care of children.
* Many licensed providers do not transport children, but if they do, standard safety measures are in place to ensure all emergency contact information is on file for each child. Many providers are educated in car seat safety (inquire about this if you have doubts).
* There are fewer illnesses because there are fewer children coming and going each day. Licensed providers are trained in Universal Precautions, which has to do with maintaining a clean environment and controlling the spread of illness/germs.
* Children have the opportunity to play and learn with others in a small group, while still being socialized by children close in age to them.
* Your child has the same caregiver all day, every day. And there is one person who knows exactly what your child has done, eaten, etc. throughout the day.
For FREE childcare referrals, please visit our website at: http://www.douglascountychildcare.com/