Single mother with a 10 year old daughter seeks a professional, organized, and detail oriented LIVE-IN Household Manager and Nanny. ASAP
The schedule is 30 hours per week, primarily Mon - Fridays, some weekends. A high degree of flexibility is required.
My daughter attends school. Thus, ~50% of the position is childcare and 50% is household management and maintenance.
Education and childcare
• Goal: Work with parents to encourage child to love learning, care for others, and become individuals who make a positive impact in this world
• Plan and create educational activities that are developmentally appropriate for children, including projects, field trips, games, etc. Activities should include STEM, arts, and physical fitness.
• Drive child to/from school, activities, and other locations as directed by parents
• Assist child with homework, school projects, etc.
• Ensure that child is signed up for school activities and take the appropriate items to school
• Pack healthy lunches for child to take to school
• Maintain electronic household calendar (iCalender) with all kiddo activities
• Goal: Proactively plan, prioritize, and manage household duties so that the household runs smoothly
• Run family errands including groceries, supplies, mailings, etc.
• Keep track of household operations
• Schedule maintenance, lawn care, cleaning service, equipment maintenance
• Get mail, answer phone and voicemail, send/receive household emails, etc.
• Coordinate with house keeper to maintain household operational calendar
• Keep pantry, refrigerator, and supplies stocked as directed
• Submit household credit card receipts and maintain proper documentation
• Goal: Ensure the house is well organized, clean, and presentable at all times, so that guests may be entertained at any time. Housekeeper handles deep cleaning every two weeks, so duties are related to lighter housekeeping duties
• Do younger kids' laundry and change bed sheets weekly
• Keep closets and storage spaces well organized
• Keep all public areas presentable every work day (living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, guest bathrooms)
• Provide a weekly report via email on that week's projects and updates
• Meet with parent once a month to discuss child and to plan logistics
• Track record of building a positive relationship with children
• Active and energetic, able to engage children in physical fitness activities
• Proactive self-starter with strong work ethic
• A professional who is respectful, kind, discreet, efficient, positive, and able to juggle different responsibilities
• Meticulously well organized and neat
• Must be 100% focused on the job when on the job
• Must pass background check, driving record check, and drug test
* must drive and have a vehicle.
• Non smoker and no night owls.
* Animal lover and not allergic. We have a standard Poodle and a short haired cat. Please no additional pets!!! We also cannot take a couple or a single parent with a minor child. Do not even ask please.
Must be able to present at least 3 professional references.
Do not apply if you cannot commit at least 1 year to this position.
• $1350 per month plus the benefit of a private bedroom that includes utilities and internet. Home is located in South East Washington park.
If interested, please submit a resume and a cover letter expressing interest.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers