Do you have excellent customer service or patient care skills? Are you interested in working for a company that will provide high-quality training and career growth opportunities? Join a supportive team dedicated to fostering a therapeutic environment in brand new, state-of-the-art facilities. This growing company is seeking Behavior Health Technicians, a customer service-oriented role dedicated to making sure our customers - the patients - are well cared for, safe and comfortable as they receive their treatment.
You will perform well as Behavior Health Technician if you have a heart for patients and excellent relationship-building skills. Your compassionate nature and desire to apply your customer service skills will help ensure your success in this role.
When you join our team, whether full-time or part-time, you will receive competitive compensation and top-of-the-line benefits, as detailed below. You will also have the opportunity to learn from a top-tier team of colleagues and a leadership team dedicated to your success. Don't miss this opportunity to join a company who understands that happy employees are the key to great patient care. Apply today!
Denver Springs is a 96-bed behavioral hospital located in Denver, CO. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment to adults, adolescents and their families. At Denver Springs, we are dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®
The Denver Springs Patient Care Team is devoted to providing innovative and exceptional care in a safe and therapeutic environment. Above all, we truly value that both the patients and our staff are treated with dignity and respect, always going that extra mile to ensure a positive environment. So, do you have what it takes to become part of a team dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®?
Patient Care Technician Full-time Benefits:
• Basic Life and AD&D
• Short - Term Disability
• Long - Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Cigna Value - Added Services
• 401(k) Plan
• Apply high-quality customer service skills to support the therapeutic environment under the direction of your supervising RN
• In this role, supervising and maintaining patient safety is of the utmost importance for a Patient Care Technician
• You will work to ensure that the established treatment schedule/program is delivered consistently
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High School diploma
• Driver’s License with a favorable Motor Vehicle Report
• Proof of Insurance
• CPR and CPI Certification within 30 days of employment