Why Work at Parker Personal Care Homes?
QR Code Link to This Post
What can we offer you?
We can offer you a diverse community and opportunities for growth! As a community, people share each other's triumphs and struggles. As an organization that takes pride in the community we’ve created, we are determined to remain true to our core values. We provide extensive training along with hands-on learning opportunities to our employees. As a larger organization, there are lots of opportunities for growth here, and we are always excited to promote from within. Our goal is to maintain a culture of happiness, career satisfaction and personal growth - all while providing excellent services to our customers.
PPCH Mission: Our mission is to build an inclusive and supportive community for the people we serve, and we are doing just that, one individual at a time.
Position Description: This position involves attending to the medical and administrative requirements of consumers for the assigned caseloads and reports directly to the Medical Director. Position duties may also include assignments or tasks requested to be completed as needed by the Medical Director.
• Attend to the immediate medical needs of consumers as needed
• Enter and update consumer medical information in Therap.
• Develop and update medical Protocols and Care Plans for consumers as needed.
• Attend IDT meetings with Day Program Directors and Program Managers.
• Review and audit Consumer appointments due, Care Plans and Physician orders and MAR’s on a monthly basis and update as needed.
• Communicate with Residential Program Directors and Resource Coordinator’s as needed for consumer concerns.
• Implement G-Tube and Tracheostomy training and management for qualified staff including updating and monitoring staff training records quarterly and as needed.
• Supervise other members of the nursing department including reviews and disciplinary action
• Complete LTC/PMIP forms as needed
• Provide 24 hour telephone support to HHP/Staff/ Consumers for emergent issues on a rotating basis.
• Provide medication management through pharmacy as appropriate
• May Provide Employee yearly TB testing and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
• Management of Residential Client Services
• Transcribing physician orders
• Consumer health assessments/home visits
• Communication with providers/Staff
• Medication monitoring and ordering
• Supervision and delegation of care staff.
• Ensure Parker Personal Care Homes, Inc. is in compliance with all Health Care Policy and Financing rules and regulations.
• Ensure that all Parker Personal Care Homes, Inc., policies and procedures are implemented and followed by NNP and Direct Service Professionals.
• Provide QMAP Training to PPCH employees/Contractors at least every other month
• MAR Reviews and Corrections
• Other duties, as assigned, within ability and responsibility level of the job
• Must complete the State approved RN program.
• 2+ years of related work experience, preferably with Developmentally Disabled population Must have the ability to handle an extremely fast paced environment
• Possess excellent management, mentoring and nursing skills, including G-tube and Tracheostomy experience
• Must have excellent reasoning skills and good judgment
• Must be able to communicate and function with an interdisciplinary team
• Experience with the Colorado Developmental Disabilities system
• Experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities
• Knowledge of the IDD system in Colorado
• Strong leadership qualities
• Ability to adapt to changing work environments
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write English proficiently
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to write detailed/in depth notes, ISSP’s, assessments, IR’s etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office components
• Professional attitude and teamwork mentality
• Dependable, patient and honest
• Outstanding attendance and ability to self-direct
• Current/Valid Colorado Driver’s License
• Good driving record that meets the requirements of agencies insurance carrier
• Ability to pass criminal background checks
• Must be able to document your eligibility to legally work in the United States
Minimum Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift approximately 150 lbs.
• Requires repetitive lifting and carrying of approximately 15lbs as it pertains to customer care items and/or office supplies.
• Must be able to push/pull a wheelchair with a customer of moderate weight.
• Must be able to physically assist customers with transfers from wheelchair to changing table, toilet or car seat as needed.
• Requires moderate amount of reaching over head and away from body
• May be required to bend, stoop, squat and climb as it pertains to assessing an environment and/or to customer care.
• Requires staff to sit for periods of time, walk for up to several hours at a time with breaks
• Requires sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours with breaks and the ability to walk or stretch as needed.
• May include repetitive motions such as typing and sitting at a computer.
• Walking short distances
• Driving for no more than one hour but may include several trips in one day.
• Work is primarily indoors and out in the community, which does require driving and brief exposure to various elements and road conditions.
• Must be able to operate a vehicle in varying weather conditions.
• Must be cognitive and utilize safety skills while walking, driving and maneuvering through various weather conditions.
• Ongoing possibility of safety risks – may face hazards from infectious diseases; subject to injury while moving consumers.
• Regular, multiple or conflicting demands, time pressures, deadlines or emergencies.
• Regular sustained concentration.
• Considerable physical effort or a high degree of fine finger/hand dexterity.
• Daily significant contact with agency personnel and its employees or contractors as well as outside governing agencies and benefit carriers. Daily significant contact with individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Come be a part of our community and help us continue building it, one individual at a time!
Please complete and submit an online application through the Career Center of our organization's website: http://www.parkerpch.com/careers-at-ppch
Learn More About Us: http://www.parkerpch.com/about-us
Like & Follow Us: https://www.facebook.com/ParkerPersonalCareHomes
We're looking forward to hearing from you!!