KidsFirst Pediatrics is looking for a reliable and Motivated Medical Assistant to join our team.
Job Summary: Responsible to perform a variety of both front and back office care activities to assist the providers and our practice in offering excellent clinical care to our patients. This is a Full-time position.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles of patient care and practice standards.
- Related anatomy and physiology.
- Medication administration and basic pharmaceutical principles.
- Standards and practice of universal precautions in patient care.
- Function independently and interdependently as appropriate.
- Provide general clinical support and assistance.
- Display above-average ability in judgment, communication, reliability, initiative, interpersonal relations and ethics.
Typical Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm and an occasional Saturday Morning.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Receives patients and obtains weight, vital signs, reviews and documents medicines and updates list of allergies.
2. Performs initial visit assessment (gathers information from patient and/or family).
3. Administers medications as directed by the provider, is alert to patient response to medication, and responds appropriately.
4. Collects laboratory specimens, including blood draws.
5. Cleans and stocks examination rooms in a timely fashion.
6. Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments in a timely fashion.
7. Communicates information, instructions, and plan of care to patients and families as directed by medical provider.
8. Maintains patients charts and records; reviews progress notes.
9. Conveys medication prescriptions and other orders as indicated by medical provider.
10. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
11. Encourages communication, utilizes teamwork medical assisting with medical providers, other medical assistants and staff members to ensure quality care for patients; helps create and maintain a positive working environment.
12. Performs other duties as assigned, including administrative***
Job Type: Full-time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers