MENTAL HEALTH CENTER OF DENVER
QR Code Link to This Post
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Psychiatric
The Mental Health Center of Denver has immediate need of a Psychiatric Nurse (LPN).
The Mental Health Center of Denver is a place for recovery, resilience and well-being, known locally and nationally as a model for innovative and effective community behavioral healthcare.
Consistently named Denver's Top Places to Work
The Mental Health Center of Denver has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post six years in a row! We believe that all people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At the Mental Health Center of Denver, we hire people dedicated to working towards that goal.
Provide direct nursing services, mental health assessments and treatment to consumers with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, and crisis interventions
- Provide medical case management as needed
- Assist consumers with psychological, social development and rehabilitation
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with staff and psychiatrist
- Draw blood for lab work for consumers
- Monitor consumers’ vital signs
- Administer intramuscular medications
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards
- Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing Lead Nurse and Program Manager
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing
- Current Colorado licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- 1-3 years of experience working with consumers with a serious and persistent mental illness preferred