compensation: We offer competitive salaries employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Advanced Pediatric Associates is currently recruiting for both full and part time Telephone Triage Nurses to serve our patients and their families.
For over 45 years, Advanced Pediatric Associates has been dedicated to providing quality health care to infants, children and adolescents. The success of Advanced Pediatrics can be directly attributed to the original vision of our founding partners in creating a pediatric practice that not only provides excellent clinical care to children, but also emphasizes the importance of building strong bonds and lasting trust with families. Generations of children have been fortunate to call APA their "medical home.”
The ideal candidate will be energetic, friendly and professional and will possess excellent communication, customer service and computer skills. The successful Telephone Triage RN will focus their compassionate care for our pediatric patients over the phone; assessing the patients’ needs in determining appropriate medical care while making sure to adhere to established APA medical guidelines, nursing processes, ClearTriage Systems telephone protocols and EMR guidelines.
NOTE: This is NOT a telecommuting/work from home position.
• Provide telephone triage care to patients utilizing nursing process and standard protocols.
• Schedule appointments when needed according to scheduling guidelines.
• Effectively use computer to accurately document all triage calls, prescription refill, and prior-authorization requests.
• Accurately calculate medication dosage.
• Collaborate with providers to ensure excellent care.
• Communicate effectively with providers, patients, parents, APA team members and representatives from hospitals.
• Provide clear, concise instructions to patients and families regarding treatment plans and use and purpose of medication and prescriptions.
• Completely and accurately document all triage calls and note protocol used; follow up on medically concerning calls.
• Bachelor of Science/Arts in Nursing.
• Current Colorado RN license required.
• CPR certification required.
• Minimum of one-year professional nursing experience with background in pediatrics
• Previous telephone triage experience preferred.
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice.
• Computer/Keyboard skills
• Good typing skills (40+ wpm preferred)
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
This position is located at our Administrative Office located at 3300 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO 80014 but supports all 4 practice locations via a centralized triage department.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits in a professional and family-friendly environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers