Intensive Direct Support Professional - (Host Homes - Part-Time) (58th & Kipling)
compensation: $14.25 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Why Work at Parker Personal Care Homes?
What can we offer you?
We can offer you a diverse community and opportunities for growth! In a community, people share each other's tri25phs and struggles. As an organization that takes pride in the community we’ve created, we are determined to remain true to our core values, and, because of that, we provide extensive training and hands-on learning opportunities to our employees. As a larger organization, there are lots of opportunities for growth here, and we are always excited to promote from within. Our goal is to maintain a culture of happiness, career satisfaction and personal growth - all while providing excellent services to our customers.
PPCH Mission: Our mission is to build an inclusive and supportive community for the people we serve, and we are doing just that, one individual at a time.
Position Description: Provides supports and assistance to 3 women that live in a house together in Arvada (around 58th/Kipling). Flexible schedule with an emphasis on evening and weekend hours. The ladies need significant supports with activities of daily living, including bathing, eating, dressing, changing depends, and engaging in meaningful activities with them. General duties include providing supervision, mentoring and teaching opportunities so that they can learn skills of daily living, improve upon their adaptive skills and choice making skills. Schedules are flexible depending upon the needs of the individual and the setting.
• Following all consumers Service Plans, Individual Service and Support Plans, and the recommendations of team members
• Providing daily documentation, as per Parker Personal Care Homes, Inc. policies and procedures and the rules/ regulations of Division for Developmental Disabilities
• Providing activities and social interactions with consumers that are age appropriate and ensure they are treated with dignity and respect
• Assisting consumers with all activities of daily living as outlined in their Service Plans
• Toileting, bathing, hygiene, eating, meal planning, assisting them with bedtime routine, laundry, etc.
• Administering medications as ordered by Physicians
• G-Tube experience preferred
• Ensure the safety and well-being of all consumers throughout the day and night by providing proper supervision and assisting with safety skills
• Complete extra duties as assigned by supervisor
• Establish and follow menus to provide healthy meals to all consumers
• Provide community activities and social interactions on an ongoing basis
• Follow established care plans and protocols established by therapies (i.e. OT, PT, Speech)
• Ensuring the living environment is maintained and meets Parker Personal Care Homes, Inc., and Health Care Policy and Financing standards at all times
• Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, some basic lawn maintenance
• All duties are carried out with the utmost professionalism and appropriate manner at all times
• Observing confidentiality of consumers and Parker Personal Care Homes, Inc. operations.
Provide supervision and assistance for each consumer
• Review safety checks and communicate any concerns regarding Parker Personal Care Homes, Inc. homes.
• Familiar with all Parker Personal Care Homes, Inc. policies/ procedures as well as those outlined by Division for Developmental Disabilities
• Familiar with Department of Health standards
• Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license and be able to safely operate a 15 passenger van
• Must attend and show competency in all PARKER PERSONAL CARE HOMES, INC. training and meetings
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write English proficiently
• Any experience or knowledge of the health care field
• Working with others in a health care capacity
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office components
• Professional attitude and teamwork mentality
• Outstanding attendance and ability to self-direct
• Current/Valid Colorado Driver’s License
• Good driving record that meets the requirements of agencies insurance carrier
• Able to safely operate a 15 passenger van
• Ability to pass criminal background checks
• Ability to prove authorization to work in the U.S.
Minimum Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be comfortable supporting people with extensive medical needs. Training is provided by PPCH.
• Must be able to lift approximately 75 lbs.
• Requires repetitive lifting and carrying of approximately 15 lbs as it pertains to consumer care items
• Must be able to push/pull a wheelchair with a consumer of moderate weight.
• Requires moderate amount of reaching over head and away from body.
• Requires staff to sit for periods of time, walk for up to several hours at a time with breaks.
• Requires staff to squat and climb as it pertains to consumer care.
• Must sit in a moving vehicle for long periods of time.
• Work is primarily indoors in the home setting and out in the community, which requires exposure to various elements and road conditions
• Must be able to operate a vehicle in varying weather conditions
• Must be cognitive and utilize safety skills while walking, driving and maneuvering through various weather conditions.
• Daily significant contact with agency personnel and its employees or contractors as well as outside governing agencies and benefit carriers
• Daily significant contact with individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Daily contact with community members and professionals within the community.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Please complete an online application through the career center of our organization's website: https://parkerpch.com/careers/ Thank you in advance for completing an online application. This is a very necessary step in the screening process! We're always eager to learn about the unique talents and skill set that candidates can bring to our organization!
Come be a part of our community and help us continue building it, one individual at a time!