compensation: $14.25 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Why Work at Parker Personal Care Homes?
What can we offer you?
We can offer you a diverse community and opportunities for growth! In a community, people share each other's triumphs and struggles. As an organization that takes pride in the community we’ve created, we are determined to remain true to our core values, and, because of that, we provide extensive training and hands-on learning opportunities to our employees. As a larger organization, there are lots of opportunities for growth here, and we are always excited to promote from within. Our goal is to maintain a culture of happiness, career satisfaction and personal growth - all while providing excellent services to our customers.
Position Description: To provide meaningful educational and pre-vocational activities to Developmentally Disabled adults, and providing supervision, mentoring and teaching opportunities so that they may learn the skills of daily living. To enhance their choice making and empowering the individuals to make informed decisions about their own life experiences. Our Day Program Services is located in Arvada, Colorado.
• Following all customers Service Plans, Individual Service and Support Plans, and the recommendations of team members.
• Establish and follow approved calendar of appropriate community activities.
• Providing daily documentation, as per PPCH policies and the procedures and rules/regulations of the Division for Developmental Disabilities.
• Assisting customers with all activities of daily living; Toileting, eating, hygiene, etc. (may include physically transferring customers from wheelchairs to toilet, changing table or chair).
• Ensure the safety and well-being of all customers throughout the day by providing property supervision and assisting with safety skills.
• Provide activities and social interactions with customers that are age appropriate and that ensure they are treated with dignity and respect.
• Ongoing communications with supervisors, team members, family members and all other stakeholders regarding any issues, concerns, problems (i.e. programmatically and medically).
• All duties are to be carried out with the utmost professionalism and appropriateness at all times.
• Observing confidentiality of customers and PPCH operations.
• Provide supervision and assistance door to door for each customer
• Review safety checks and communicate any concerns regarding PPCH vehicles.
• Being familiar with all PPCH policies and procedures as well as those outlined by the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
• Must attend and show competency in all PPCH training and meetings.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write English proficiently
• Any experience or knowledge of the health care field
• Working with others in a health care capacity
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office components
• Professional attitude and teamwork mentality
• Outstanding attendance and ability to self-direct
• Current/Valid Colorado Driver’s License
• Good driving record that meets the requirements of agencies insurance carrier
• Able to safely operate a 15 passenger van
• Ability to pass criminal background checks
• Ability to prove the right to work in the U.S.
Minimum Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift approximately 75lbs.
• Requires repetitive lifting and carrying of approximately 15lbs as it pertains to customer care items and/or office supplies.
• Must be able to push/pull a wheelchair with a customer of moderate weight.
• Must be able to physically assist customers with transfers from wheelchair to changing table, toilet or car seat as needed.
• Requires moderate amount of reaching over head and away from body
• May be required to bend, stoop, squat and climb as it pertains to assessing an environment.
• Requires staff to sit for periods of time, walk for up to several hours at a time with breaks
• Driving for no more than one hour but may include several trips in one day.
• Requires staff to squat and climb as it pertains to customer care
• Work is primarily indoors and out in the community, which does require driving and brief exposure to various elements and road conditions.
• Must be able to operate a vehicle in varying weather conditions.
• Must be cognitive and utilize safety skills while walking, driving and maneuvering through various weather conditions.
• Must be able to sit in a moving vehicle for long periods of time.
• Daily significant contact with agency personnel and its employees or contractors as well as outside governing agencies and benefit carriers.
• Daily significant contact with individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Daily contact with community members and professionals within the community.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Come be a part of our community and help us continue building it, one individual at a time!
Please complete and submit an online application through the career center of our organization's website: https://parkerpch.com/careers/ Thank you in advance for submitting your application! We're always eager to learn about the talents and skills that applicants may bring to our organization!