Ace Eat Serve is a locally-owned, independent restaurant from Secret Sauce F&B, the group behind Vesta, Steuben's, and Steubens ‘s Arvada. Opened in 2012, Ace serves Asian-inspired cuisine in a unique, fun, and award-winning space on 17th Avenue in the uptown neighborhood of Denver. We are currently seeking Sous Chef candidates.
Executive Chef, Thach Tran, and his skilled culinary team focus on representing traditional Asian flavors with modernist techniques. Having spent a childhood in Vietnam before receiving a culinary degree and launching his chef career in the U.S., Thach offers candidates an opportunity to learn and develop a blend of Asian and classically-trained techniques. Secret Sauce is a community-focused group that offers chef candidates the opportunity to participate in community events such as Harvest Week, The Big Eat, Chef & Brew, the Ramen Throw Down, Food & Wine Aspen, and Secret Sauce’s own charitable events, Plates for the Peak and Wings & Whiskey. To read more about Ace Eat Serve, Executive Chef Thach Tran, Executive Pastry Chef Nadine Donovan, and to view Ace’s menu, please visit aceeatserve.com.
Experience with Asian cuisine is preferred however candidates with proven leadership + communication + organizational skills, a strong work ethic, the ability to balance the creative and administrative roles of a chef, and a history of job stability will be most strongly considered.
Secret Sauce F&B offers great management benefits such as:
• Competitive salary
• 100% Paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation Time (2-4 weeks based on tunure)
• Quarterly Bonus Program
• 100% Comp at Ace Eat Serve, $1,000 annual dining credit at other SSFB restaurants
• Discount RTD Monthly Bus/Rail Pass
• Discounted company gym and yoga memberships (24 Hour Fitness, Corepower Yoga, Colorado Athletic Club, Movement Climbing Gym, Aspire Fitness
Please review the job description and desired qualifications below. If interested, reply to this ad with your resume as well as a paragraph describing why you are a great fit for this position.
Ace Eat Serve
The Sous Chef works with the Executive Chef on nearly all aspects of the Ace BOH including financial performance, efficient kitchen operations, staffing, menu development, safety and sanitation, leadership and training, and on-shift presence on the line or expo. Both chefs should work together to ensure that all activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant’s business plan and goals and that BOH managers and employees performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas.
Reports to: Executive Chef
1. Maximize financial performance and profit by setting forecasts, cost center and labor goals; analyzing variances, and initiating changes to correct discrepancies. Achieve results by planning, communicating, delegating, and following up as needed.
2. Work co-inside and delegate if needed to Sous Chef to perform administrative duties include inventory, invoice management, menu proofing, and scheduling.
3. Work co-inside with cooks when necessary help control labor cost.
4. Help oversee food selection and preparation, product selection and vendor relationships, food costing, RSI menu engineering, POS input, and allergy menus.
5. Help oversee training & educational programs including BOH new hires, server education, and safety demos. Increase employee retention and moral.
6. Help with menu development and executing menu change responsibilities including research, preparation of specials, organizing and assisting with staff tastings, writing menu descriptions, entering new recipes for menu engineering, and training BOH staff on proper execution.
7. Expedite during services as necessary, checking all tickets and food to ensure timely delivery and correctness. Assist with prep as needed to ensure that the kitchen is never left without the resources and prep items needed for service.
8. Assist with off site events and in-house fundraisers as when needed. Responsibilities may include menu preparation, transportation, setup, service, and breakdown at event.
9. Oversee handling and delegation of BOH cleanliness, repair, and maintenance issues in conjunction with the GM and Executive Chef.
10. Follow procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets including building, equipment, and supplies. Ensure that all health department standards are met and maintained.
Leadership & Management Responsibilities:
1. Set the example as a leader for our staff by showing professionalism in handling all situations that arise during service and treating our staff with respect and dignity at all times. Exemplify SSFB CORE values (Conscientious, Optimistic, Reliable, and Engaged.)
2. Create and foster a kitchen environment of teamwork, integrity, and a desire to put out excellent food through example as well as the expectations set for our staff.
3. Operate an organized kitchen structure where employees understand what is expected and how to succeed. You are expected to:
--Help the Executive Chef communicate expectations for BOH staff and follow up after both successes and poor performances at appropriate times.
--Help the Executive Chef delegate individual projects and responsibilities to BOH staff when asked, hold staff accountable for progress and completing tasks on time when appropriate.
--Help prepare qualified employees for promotion to the next position by continually identifying and developing candidates for leadership roles.
4. Assist the Executive Chef in the hiring and training process. This includes recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training.
5. Maintain a flexible schedule.
6. Maintain and support the culinary vision of the Executive Chef to help drives sales.
7. Develop necessary programs, systems, and educational seminars to ensure all BOH operations are well maintained and are uphold to the Executive Chef standards.
8. Attend and actively participate in all company-wide events.
Desired Skill Set & Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3-5 years high-volume BOH management experience
• Strong leadership and management skills, including ability to foster teamwork, provide feedback, communicate clearly, and resolve conflict.
• Working knowledge of POS operations, RSI, and Microsoft Office
• Positive demeanor and high energy level
• Open availability including weekends and evenings
• Willingness to work an average of 55-65 hours per week
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers