SSA Group at the Denver Zoo is hiring for Line Cooks!
Do you enjoy working in an exciting and lively environment? Then join Service Systems Associates' Concessions and Guest Service team at the Denver Zoo! With over 1 Million visitors annually, this is a fast-paced and upbeat opportunity. We are looking for driven individuals to be a part of our team.
Why join our team?
· Opportunity for growth and development
· Fun & fast paced work environment
· Competitive pay
· Flexible work schedule
· Zoo passes, meal program, and more!
SSA’s Food & Beverage Operation at the Denver Zoo includes four quick-service restaurants specializing in Barbeque, Asian, American, and Mexican Fare; there is also a full carts program serving craft brew, pretzels, dippin’ dots, ice cream, popcorn, and more.
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing high-quality food at a quick pace for both guests and employees while contributing to the mission and goals set forth by the client.
The Line Cook reports directly to the Kitchen Managers, Food & Beverage Operations team, and Executive Chef, and has support responsibility for all functional managers of the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Uphold quality, product levels and inventory of product
· Operate large volume cooking equipment at multiple stations, including but not limited to pizza, fry, grill, and prep stations
· Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards the client, guests, and staff
· Communicate clearly and openly with all staff members for overall success
· Display a sense of urgency at all times
· Uphold a professional appearance and mannerism
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures
· Follow health and safety practices at all times
· Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
· Complete all other duties as requested
· High School Diploma or GED required for applicants over 18 years of age not currently attending school
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Operate all equipment necessary to perform job duties
· Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes (up to 50 lbs.) of merchandise throughout the facility and perform all functions as set forth above
· Must be available to work evenings/weekends/holidays as needed
· Excel in guest service
· Must have Internet access
· 3-6+ months of previous culinary experience
· ServSafe certification
Hours:Shifts are available Monday through Sunday; we offer flexible scheduling!
Wage:Competitive based on experience
This description is a foundation for the job you will be performing. It in no way limits what you will be asked to do or accomplish as apart of your job.
Email your resume today!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers