compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsible for scheduling and supervising the daily activities of the jobsite. Responsible for ensuring that the work is performed in a safe and organized manner, that the work is in compliance with the drawings and specifications, and that the work is executed by the most economical and professional means. May also perform duties of quality control manager. Reports directly to the project manager.
Key Duties / Responsibilities of Superintendent
• Manages safety program for all onsite personnel; conducts and documents weekly safety meetings
• Manages, coordinates, and documents on a daily basis the activities of in-house personnel, subcontractors, and material vendors
• Hires and terminates on-site labor and subcontractors
• Identifies deficiencies and non-compliant work and takes action to correct deficiencies
• Maintains open communication and documentation with the owner's representative by coordinating pertinent work activities, attending project progress / scheduling meetings, etc.
• Documents on-site activities which may impede progress or compliance to project / contract requirements
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner’s contract, subcontracts, and purchase orders and maintains project documents in an orderly fashion
• Manages and performs all site activities in exact accordance with approved plan and all federal, state, and local laws and codes
• Oversees and documents progress meetings with subcontractors
• Oversees and documents architect, owner, contractor meetings
• Uses scheduling programs, Outlook, Word, and Excel for daily logs, letters, and budgets
• Performs quality control / safety duties on smaller projects
• Communicates with the client regarding requests / changes
• Ensures project performance is on schedule and within budget
• Inspects construction site
• Stops work when safety or quality is compromised
Education / Experience
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a superintendent
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience working on federal projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
• Strong background in concrete, electrical, structural, mechanical, general trades, etc.
• Familiar with ground-up construction drawings and specifications
• Attention to detail
• Ability to speak and write clearly
• Capacity to handle pressure
• Strong focus on quality and safety
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues in a timely manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
• The job operates both in a professional office environment and at various job site locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and / or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel paperwork and to type on a keyboard.
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and / or crawl.
• The employee must also occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
• The employee must be able to tolerate moderate to loud noise in the work environment.
Additional Requirements / Details
• Must pass background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to complete OSHA 30 training upon selection
• A project list must be included with your application
• Commensurate with experience and education; competitive pay
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
E-Corp is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
-If you are an individual with disabilities who needs an accommodation, please contact Mike Watkins at (801)771-0933, Mon.-Fri. between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers