compensation: Compensation is based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are an Oil and Gas Engineering and Design company located in Arvada, CO. We're looking for Structural Designers to help our growing business.
Structural Designers are an integral part of our company and perform complex structural designs. They are responsible for drafting computer models based on project needs and creating drawings that are used for final construction plans. They also review construction models and revise them as needed based on engineers' recommendations. Additionally, these designers must follow strict safety standards on their preliminary sketches, adequately take construction materials into account for designs, and meet deadlines. They prepare structural plans and implement the work of architectural, electrical, and mechanical designers. Previous experience in structural modeling and drawing production is required. Structural designers must be proficient with computer design software such as AutoCAD, pay strong attention to detail, and be highly organized. Structural designers should have advanced knowledge of industrial methodologies as well.
Required Administrative Skills
• Coordinate the best design solution by applying industry knowledge while considering customer needs and
• Provide technical assistance for multiple projects during bidding, design, permitting and construction.
• Ability to scope out a project and determine required deliverables.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with a team or independently.
• Work cooperatively with other designers and disciplines to produce a coordinated set of design documents.
• Ability to estimate a project and manage the budget, develop change orders as necessary is preferred.
• Communicate with clients, project personnel and inspecting authorities.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
Required Technical Skills
• Prepare detailed drawings/models for a project using the application of theoretical and practical design
• Provide design support to Engineers.
• Design of reinforced concrete foundations (spread footing, drilled piers, helical piles).
• Design of simple and complex structures (Pipe supports, pipe racks, platforms, equipment skids, etc.).
• Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
• Creates and revises design drawings, generally for a single discipline, but the ability to work with other
disciplines is critical.
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for design drawings.
• Provide efficiency reviews and/or value engineering options for existing designs.
• Ability to use a computer and computer software programs, including AutoCAD, CADWorx, and Microsoft
Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of the latest edition of the IBC, ACI 318, and AISC.
Apply today by emailing us your resume and brief description on why you would be a good fit for our company.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers