compensation: $14-20/hour (depending on experience) employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are
theCoderSchool is an after-school program for kid coders. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with locations around the country, we provide a fun, energetic, and inspirational environment to bring out that inner hacker in all kids! The future will be ever more dependent on technology so let's get our young generation ready. Learn to Code. Change the World.®
theCoderSchool is looking for passionate Code Coaches® to teach our next generation how to change the world. You'll meet incredible kids, teach them how to code, and be rewarded with an amazing experience. This is a part-time position for 2-15 hours/week (same times weekly), depending on your schedule and availability. These hours are generally sometime between 3-8pm weekdays or late morning to early afternoons on weekends.
A Code Coach® is a mentor who teaches kids how to code. At theCoderSchool, we have a few basic teaching styles - your assignment will depend on schedule, ability, and desire.
2. Code Coaching PLUS. In a PLUS session, you'll manage a team of kids who will collaborate in group exercises to improve their presentations skills with an objective to prepare their presentations for our regular Coder Fairs.
This position rocks because you will:
• Meet, mentor, and grow amazing kids who are ready to be our next generation of coders!
• Meet and share with other Code Coaches® who are passionate about the latest platforms and languages, including with schools and coaches from around the country through our collaboration platform
• Give back to the community and help grow our next generation by sharing your knowledge of technology
• Have the flexibility to teach what you're most comfortable with, and learn new things along the way
What do we want from you? Read on.
• PASSION. This is all about the kids. We want goose bumps when your student ROCKS a code challenge.
• Great Communicator. There will be plenty of chatting with parents, and of course patience is a virtue when it comes to kids!
• Street Cred. Comp Sci degree or major is a typical, but self-learned coders are welcome to apply. Tech industry veterans with a few free hours per week are highly encouraged to apply. High school degree and up, please.
• Teaching Experience. Experience teaching kids in any subject is a plus, as is experience with Scratch.
Sound awesome? Shoot us your resume!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers