compensation: $14.25/hr + medical, dental benefits, 4% 401k match, PTO and sick time employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Why Work at SustainAbility?
We can offer you a diverse work force, opportunities for growth and a schedule that allows for work-life balance. SustainAbility is a company that works to fill unmet recycling needs in the Denver Metro area, while recognizing that we all have gifts and talents to contribute to our community and our planet. If you have a heart of service and are seeking impactful work in a community of like-minded team members, we encourage you to consider our available position below.
Vocational Specialist Position Description:
This position involves teaching soft job skills such as professionalism, boundaries, effective communication and conflict resolution to individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities through the forum of volunteer work and community experiences. The purpose of the program is to decrease barriers to employment and increase social skills and employment skills, preparing people for transition into the working world.
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 7:15am-5:15pm
What we further have to offer you:
• An excellent stepping-stone into the recycling and/or human service fields; we have many opportunities for professional growth and typically promote from within
• The opportunity to form meaningful relationships with a community of like-minded people
• A place to contribute your talents, ideas and passions to an ever-evolving business and work community
• An experience of recognizing that being of service is of service to ourselves - allowing for a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship to community and the commonalities of being human
• Support and guidance from an experienced management team interested in your career development
• A 4-day work week, allowing for work-life balance
• Medical, dental & vision benefits
• Paid time off + sick and holiday pay
• 401k match up to 4% after a year of employment
• Life insurance
Your qualities & qualifications:
We are seeking passionate, caring individuals who desire to make a difference in people's lives and the state of our planet while learning valuable work skills. We look for a positive attitude, excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility and professionalism. We require good attendance, a high school diploma or GED, that you are 21 years or older and a clean MVR and background check. Serious candidates, please attach a resume and cover letter indicating your interest and experience with your request for an interview. Please review our websites to learn more about the work we do: www.sustainability-recycling.com and parkerpch.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers