We are the brain child of a four-year-old medical technology company that has created and patented revolutionary orthopedic rehabilitation devices (Learn more here: www.rom3rehab.com)
The company has been well-funded, having raised $15 million in the last 14 months, and continues to raise in excess of $500K per month.
We are now seeking a full-time VP of Engineering Level Consultant, with an extensive track record of bringing new consumer products from specs to market.
My name is Michael Bissonnette, President of ROM3, and Founder/CEO of our one-year-old purposefully unnamed consumer company. (This is the company that you would be working for-the unnamed one that is.)
Over the last three decades, I founded, funded and built four multimillion-dollar consumer companies from the ground up. The last two grew into international companies that I took public on the NASDAQ including AeroGrow International Inc. (AeroGrow was purchased two years ago by Scotty’s Miracle Grow for $40 million). See my personal website after retiring from AeroGrow: www.michaelbissonnette.com
After one year of hands-on consumer market research, product R&D, and developing the overarching vision and preliminary strategies, I'm now reaching out for key senior management team members to help me build out our product roadmap. I believe with the right VP of engineering and other key players, along with my proven track record, we can propel this company into revenues of $100 million+ within four years of product launch.
You, as our ideal candidate, will have 10+ years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer, building and managing small entrepreneurial teams in designing, developing, and manufacturing consumer products.
Ideally you have built and managed teams from the ground up and have worked for multiple start-ups.
The fact that you may have worked for medium or large companies is not a negative assuming you have sufficient and preferably recent start up experience.
The bottom line is that we need a leader that can:
1. Move fast and agile - building prototypes quick and cheap demonstrating options quickly, versus big-company-big-budget-long-timeline;
2. Bring a high level of creativity (including the know-how of many ways and materials to solve a variety of challenges
3. Bring a positive “it can be done” attitude
Although we expect a lot, I promise you will be given sufficient resources to get the job done.
About the position:
You will report directly to me, hiring and managing a small team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers, industrial designers, and fabricators which will turn pictures, drawings, specs, illustrations, directions and requirements into working, manufacturable, market-ready products.
About the project
1. The consumer company has four core products on its development roadmap of which three incorporate Rom3 revolutionary one-of-a-kind technology for knee & hip replacements, sports injuries and chronic pain conditions
2. Our five-member patent team have identified 24 unique inventive concepts and technologies that they believe are patentable and are in various stages of filings. (The founding company Rom3 itself has four issued patents and six currently in process.)
3. The marketplace is the large, ever-growing and shockingly underserved 55+ market for surgery rehab, cardiac rehab, neuromuscular rehab and the title wave condition of obesity and osteoarthritis.
4. 50% of our investors in Rom3 Rehab and the consumer company are doctors or professionals in the medical field that have the unique insight to appreciate the value of the product and the potential of the investment. Most of these same investors are on the Rom3 Board of Advisors and are evangelists for the products of both companies.
My hiring processes:
My strong preference is to hire key individuals full-time in a consulting role to begin our relationship. This allows both parties to move way beyond the interviewing noise that is inevitable, into the reality of a day-to-day business relationship. Then, based on a mixture of mutual competence, trust and chemistry, the relationship will move to a fully engaged senior executive relationship.
One of the key reasons for considering this opportunity is my experience in taking two companies public along with my experience of having three of my companies acquired. I expect to find the right person for this position and that this person will make a sizable contribution towards our successful public offering and our growth. With that in mind, I expect that our compensation package with salary, staged stock grants and stock options will allow this individual the potential to have “walk away money”, i.e. never having to work again unless one wants to.
If your talents, experiences, and sense of this job excites you, then let's take the next step.
Please forward me the following:
1. your CV/resume along with a cover letter indicating why this opportunity interests you
2. why your experiences and talents are relevant to the job as outlined.
3. your current salary requirements
4. a list of consumer products which you have personally successfully led the charge in engineering from specs to marketplace
Please review rom3rehab.com and watch the product video and then review my personal web site michaelbissonnette.com before responding.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to—as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll.
I am looking forward to your interest
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers