GENERAL DESCRIPTION: In keeping with the company philosophy, is responsible for updating and evaluating for reasonableness the information presented in financial statements, narratives, and other accompanying schedules to the financial statements for any reporting entities assigned.
Four-year degree in Accounting. Finance degree may be accepted for accountants with experience in General Ledger Accounting.
None required if individual has Accounting degree and other qualifications that would indicate willingness and ability to perform General Ledger Accountant work; one to two years of public or industry accounting preferred.
• Flexibility: ability to work in a complex and changing organization and adapt to changes in structure and work priorities.
• Team orientation: interest in working both independently and in groups and willingness to be assigned to help team members in order to achieve departmental goals.
• Efficiency: ability to work quickly and to identify and act on issues of materiality.
• Independence: ability to make independent decisions and to work unsupervised for weeks at a time.
• Willingness to learn: seek advice and comment when appropriate from coworkers, the Accounting Supervisor, and others.
• Ability to understand and implement directives.
• Proficiency in spreadsheet and computerized accounting applications.
• Positive attitude, professionalism, and integrity.
• Self-initiative: ability to problem-solve and prioritize work.
• Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, and relate effectively with others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reconcile bank accounts accurately and in a timely manner, with attention to unusual items that remain outstanding at month end.
2. When appropriate, reconcile differences between A/P or A/R modules and G/L module.
3. When appropriate, reconcile General Ledger to occupancy information.
4. Prepare periodic financial statements (as directed by the Accounting Supervisor) within assigned time limits and accuracy standards.
5. Prepare relevant and current explanation of financial statements in a narrative format for any financial statements released to users.
6. Prepare any financial statement related reports as assigned.
7. Prepare accounting reports required by outside agencies.
8. Respond promptly, courteously, and correctly to inquiries from internal and external users.
9. Assist in the preparation of budgets and schedules for annual audit.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers