compensation: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Summary: This position is responsible for general accounting functions by controlling
and verifying financial transactions for Jewish Family Service.
About JFS: JFS is a 146-year-old, nationally recognized human services organization with an annual revenue of $12 million. Our agency is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing vital services to a diverse population in need in the metropolitan Denver area. We help seniors age in place, provide quality mental health counseling to individuals and families, offer training and job placement for individuals facing barriers to employment, and provide food and financial assistance to people in crisis. Every year JFS benefits more than 22,000 people of all faiths, races, ages, incomes and abilities. JFS is very proud of our positive work culture. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries and benefits, including a generous leave and holiday program. JFS is a nonsectarian, nonprofit and inclusive organization. More information about JFS is available at: www.jewishfamilyservice.org
A. Education: BS in Accounting, preferred
B. Experience: Must have minimum of 5 years' related accounting experience. Non-profit accounting with cost allocation, preferred.
C. Other: Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word. Experience with computerized accounting
software (i.e., Financial Edge). Knowledge of fund accounting, including: temporary,
restricted, and permanent restrictions, a plus.
● Ensure that assigned month-end and year-end closing activities are completed timely and accurately, including:
- Monthly cost allocation journal entries and payroll-related transactions
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Assist Controller in preparation of monthly financial statements, including account variance analysis
- Meet with program directors and other staff in identifying budget variances
● Participate in annual budget process.
● Monitor payroll processing and serve as backup for payroll processing.
● Coordinate with HR on annual 401(k) audit and ensure information is submitted to 401(k) vendor and
JFS independent auditors in a timely manner to meet filing deadlines.
● Review reconciliation of W-2's, 941's, and other payroll-related filings.
● Assist with annual audit and form 990.
● Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
● Provide input into department's goal setting process.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter with compensation requirement to:
Jean M Marshall, Human Resources Director
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers