Chief Bookkeeping Officer
(Sage 100 Trained Construction Bookkeeper)
Do you want to build, grow, and learn? We are looking for a motivated, self-starting, and competent leader who wants to join a team of like-minded creative types to build a sophisticated general contracting company. Nehemiah General Contractors (NGC) is a high end, design build/custom general contractor serving a small niche of clients who value quality over quantity in the Denver Metro area. Our clients demand high quality service and finished product but are just as driven by a positive construction experience. We get our jobs from past clients who refer NGC to their friends, family, and anyone asking for a trusted name in the high end residential construction industry.
Our reputation and brand name was developed through years of serving others first, not letting craftsmanship be labeled as "that's good enough", treating the construction team as family, and always looking to embrace the new and mix it with the tried and true. We know that a good name is hard to come by and we protect what has been graciously given to us.
We are looking for a Chief Bookkeeping Officer. In this position, you would be responsible for organizing all things financial in the business. Along with the normal AR, AP, data entry, payroll, job cost reporting, cash flow projecting, general accounting processes, we are looking for a creative numbers person who is innovative and can help us create systems that are tailored to the custom world we work in. We are looking for part-time bookkeeper but could easily turn into full time position to assist in office administration.
Our Core Values:
We believe that everyone is uniquely gifted with talents, dreams, vision, and personality. We encourage you to bring your whole creative self to work and express your God-given traits in your role at NGC. When one lives life with knowledge of "who they are," they are more productive, joyful, and make better co-workers.
We believe in stakeholders who are sold out to what they are doing- not employees who punch clocks. We don't have mandatory office hours or vacation policy. We don't care if it takes 30-hours a week or 50-hours a week to keep the project running. We believe in working as committed community to reach the results for each other and serve our clients well. We believe that work and personal life mingle together. It may be necessary to leave during the day to make a soccer game, or to work on Saturday to prep for the next stage in the project.
We also believe in adult behavior, where one is self-motivated, self-regulated, and doesn't act differently when "the boss is in the room." Adults think rationally, run decisions through the filter of experience, and ask themselves "what is the highest and best use of my time."
We believe in owners not workers. An owner has autonomy and takes full responsibility for their own everything and doesn't make excuses or wait around for someone else to figure it out. With the mindset of an owner and the freedom to work as you wish, we also believe in a team approach. We are developing, and are constantly refining, a system that works as a well-oiled machine so everyone knows their role and can work quickly and efficiently in their position.
We believe in abundance. The glass if always half full and we don't concern ourselves with the competition. If we perform to a high level, serve the clients, and treat people with respect, the work will always be there.
We believe a bad plan executed violently will lead to good results. If you want to see results you must first get moving. You can't steer an idle boat- first you must move the boat in a direction and then steer it. The faster you move it, the easier it is to steer.
If you find fulfillment in:
1) Working with a team
2) Making the old thing new
3) Problem solving
4) Utilizing technology
5) Serving others
6) Getting rewarded for good results
....Then we might be a good fit.
• Accounting background: High level understanding of all things accounting.
• Sage 100 experience- high level understanding of job cost reports and tracking.
• Sense of urgency and desire to keep your to-do list to a minimum. "Time is of the essence" mentality.
• Highly relational: Great verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to embrace technology and utilize in day to day work.
• Ability to problem solve and think outside the box. Not depend on others for answers.
• To be a perpetual student. To always be learning from those around you and never be a "know it all."
• Be flexible and not get easily agitated when the inevitable change occurs.
• Ability to create the financial story out of numbers.
• A "can do" attitude.
We don't need your resume yet. Please do not send it and please do not call. For now, just email us, at Grow@nehemiahgc.com, the answers to the following questions.
1. How is this position a fit for you?
2. What would you get out of working in an environment described here?
3. What are the three biggest strengths you could bring to us?
4. How can we support you - what do you need from us to be successful?
5. Where do you want to go with your life (career is part of life, not separate)?
6. What's one thing standing in your way to getting to where you want to go?
7. List three things, in order of impact, that you would bring to Nehemiah General Contractors to help take us to the next level?
We believe in value added. The more value you add to our company and the more creative you are in implementing our systems the greater you will be rewarded. We have a highly motivating base compensation and allow for great growth as your value is increased to NGC. This is a salaried position and after the first year more compensation options are presented.
We implement now and perfect as we go. Waiting around for perfection is a bad idea. Our ship is constantly moving and taking soundings as we go.
We live in a world of abundance, not a world of scarcity, and it affects every decision we make.
Visit us at Nehemiahgc.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers