This role is part of a rapidly growing Information Technology (IT) support services team. RTL Networks, Inc. provides a wide array of professional support services and technical products to both commercial and government customers.
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Purpose or Summary:
We are looking for an Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting and financial tasks on a daily basis. Responsibilities include processing accounts payable, maintaining limited financial records, completing daily task routinely, preparing reports, enhancing the workflow and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. GP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable, disbursements, expense vouchers, banking transactions and receipts. A successful candidate should be familiar with general accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Essential Job Duties:
• Daily or routine administrative tasks as needed
• Entering and processing of accounts payable and limited account receivables transactions
• Continue to improve the payment and flow process in the accounts payable department
• Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
• Prepare check runs, , general ledger postings and statements
• Pays employees by proper documentation of receipts and verifying expense reports
• Reconcile bank statements, monitor sub accounts by verifying entries, complete sales tax payment, and compare balances in the system
• Compile reports or summaries on an ad hoc basis for selected areas
• Some engagement with outside vendors over issues that might arise
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Take initiative to further enhance skills and knowledge
• May perform additional accounting related functions as needed
• Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
• High school diploma and additional accounting course work completed
• Minimum of 1 year of accounting training or experience
• General knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement preparation is required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP) financial application is preferred
• Experience with Project Cost accounting application in different accounting applications (i.e. Concur, Olympic, etc.) is a plus
• Working knowledge of Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) compliance is a plus
• Solid computer skills overall (MS Office, Excel, others) is required
• Experience with Federal Government accounting regulations cost components and unallowable cost pools is a plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and willingness to accomplish the team's goals
• Ability to work independently through problems and find solutions
• Must work well in a team environment
• The ability to perform under pressure
• High level of professionalism and confidentiality
• Must possess strong time management skills.
• Ability to meet attendance and punctuality standards
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
Chosen applicants will be required to pass a drug screening, criminal background investigation and credit check.
Please apply on our company website at www.rtl-networks.com and click on Careers/Search All Jobs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity