This is an extraordinary opportunity for an extremely organized professional with a keen eye to detail and accuracy, who will use their good judgment and analytical and skills effectively to solve problems with tact and discretion, manage multiple demands and meet strict reporting deadlines. The Payroll Coordinator ensures that all aspects of the payroll cycle are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the Company and government policies, terms and regulations.
This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Payroll Coordinator who is looking to advance within a growing company.
With your teamwork abilities and technical knowledge, you will contribute to the company's ongoing success!
• Processes bi-weekly payroll including, processing new hires, terminations, rate changes, garnishments, and other data relating to employee records and payroll processing.
• Sets up and maintains employee information in payroll and assists in ensuring the attendance system is up to date.
• Audits payroll to guarantee data entry accuracy and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
• Monitors and processes appropriate forms for hourly employees, such as overtime, vacation, leave of absence, sick pay, bereavement pay, etc.
• Performs monthly reconciliations.
• Processes employee termination documents in an appropriate manner to meet legislative timelines, calculates final pay and cancels benefits when required.
• Responds to inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
• Liaises with the payroll provider
What You'll Require
• 2-5+ years' payroll administration experience, or equivalent in education and experience
• Strong working knowledge of payroll and accounting processes; experience with hourly payroll desirable
• Experience working with time and attendance systems
• Experience working with tips, commission & bonuses preferred
• Proven high level of Customer Service
• Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, and web browsers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Resourceful and proven analytical skills in order to determine the source of errors and appropriate corrective actions
• Proven ability to carry-out payroll procedures while exercising good judgment and tact, analysis and decision-making; able to work independently and take initiative
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers