compensation: $20-30/hour DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Sunderland Group, Inc. is a fun and dedicated team of accountants in beautiful Boulder, CO and our firm is growing! Our firm is dedicated to helping our clients achieve success and live the life they want to live.
Through our Breakaway Business Solutions, we provide a turnkey suite of services to help business owners focus on what they do best and stay ahead of the pack! We put a strong emphasis on maintaining a good life balance and encourage a work hard, play hard attitude. Could you work here?
We are looking to hire a staff accountant who will provide bookkeeping and financial reporting for our small business clients. You will be a numbers-oriented person with lots of energy that is a great communicator and is eager to learn new skills and technologies. You must be honest, dedicated, and loyal.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Process and maintain the books for our small business clients utilizing QuickBooks Online software
• Bank reconciliations, general ledger entries, accounts receivable, and accounts payable, and fixed assets tracking
• Review clients' financial reports for accuracy, completeness and reasonableness
• Prepare sales tax returns
• Assist with the tax preparation process during tax season
• Proactively communicate with clients to ensure compliance
Minimum and Desired Qualifications:
• 2 years' experience with QuickBooks Online & Xero (3 - 5 years ideal)
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
• Advanced computer experience, working in both Windows and Mac environments and experience working in a cloud-based software environment
• Certified in QBO a plus
• Experience in preparing tax returns a plus
o 1040 tax returns for individuals
o Entity tax returns - 1065, 1120, 1120S
The right candidate will have these Characteristics:
• Excellent customer service and communication skills. You will be communicating with our clients on a regular basis via email, text, and phone.
• Analytical thinker with a strong attention to detail. The importance of being correct and be able to identify potential opportunities to provide guidance to our clients. You must be a numbers-oriented person.
• Embraces the latest technologies and is comfortable with change. We are continually testing out the best in new technologies to ensure we are always providing our clients with convenient and efficient services.
• Organized, proactive, strong work ethic. Work hard....and smart, and play hard. You are honest, dedicated and loyal.
• Independent and self-directed. Must be comfortable taking charge and bringing issues to management's attention.
• Willingness to learn. We embrace - and like - change...and in our industry changes are occurring all the time. You must be eager to learn and willing to take initiative to advance your knowledge and skills, especially with new technologies.
What we can offer you:
• This is a full-time, hourly position. Overtime can be expected during the tax season.
• $20-30/hour, DOE
• 401k with employer match of 5%
• 3 weeks of PTO plus generous holiday schedule
• Ability to contribute to a Small Business HSA to help cover medical expenses and/or premiums
• Flexible work environment
• Business casual work environment
We are certain that if you have the right attitude, the right blend of skills and fit our cultural ethos, you will be an asset to our team. Apply below by uploading your resume, cover letter and filling out a short online application. Only applications through this portal will be considered. First round phone interviews are expected to take place the first week in January.