QR Code Link to This Post
The mission of the Housing Authority of the City of Aurora (AHA) is to develop and promote quality housing while supporting and encouraging economic opportunities leading to self-sufficiency and independence. AHA accomplishes this mission by providing affordable or subsidized housing at 9 different properties, administering approximately 1200 vouchers (HCV, FUP and VASH) and offering 2 homeless programs with case management.
AHA is a friendly, confident work environment in which the open exchange of ideas and information is encouraged. At AHA, we know that our reputation is built upon the acts of each employee.
AHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Performs complex accounting tasks for both Accounts Payable and Payroll in support of the Accounting Department according to established polices and procedures.
1. Reviews and processes all timesheets to prepare for bi-weekly processing of the payroll and maintains supporting spreadsheets for payroll benefits and PERA calculations. Maintains spreadsheets for all vacation, holiday and sick time hours earned and used. Verifies amounts to timesheets. Verifies direct deposit information, changes in pay as approved and any other withholding information changes as requested by employees. Processes payroll run and reviews all reports, and has the payroll reviewed and approved by the Deputy Executive Director Finance
2. Reviews payroll information regarding Federal, State and PERA deposit and reporting requirements, responds to all inquiries from AHA employees related to any payroll questions or changes.
3. Tracks all first of month payments, mortgages and wires needed and prepares documentation for payments. Reviews all voucher payments for both direct deposit and check processing for all Section 8 programs and prepares reports for approval for the Deputy Executive Director Finance.
4. Receipts reimbursable Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) monthly from other Housing Authorities for their clients living in Aurora, Colorado.
5. Assists in posting accounts payables to the AP software system and in processing payments. Assists in review of all accounts payable output reports and has these reviewed by the Deputy Executive Director Finance prior to printing the accounts payable checks.
6. Reviews cash requirements for Accounts Payable check runs and initiates wire transfers as needed to be approved by the Deputy Executive Director Finance.
7. Responds to AHA Senior staff, Property Managers and other authorized staff on all accounts payable questions and performs account analysis to ensure accuracy of account information and balances.
8. Assists in printing of accounts payable computerized checks for payment according to AHA guidelines.
9. Maintains current cash balances for all bank accounts and prepares requests for bank wire transfers as needed, for approval of the Deputy Executive Director Finance.
10. Prepares reconciliations for all checking accounts for all AHA and Partnership properties. Maintains outstanding checks, processed checks approved for void and reports unclaimed checks at year end.
11. Maintains all journal entry files, AHA bank deposits, payroll files and transfer files.
12. Maintains the headquarters' Petty Cash Fund, distributing cash and providing reimbursements according to AHA policies and procedures.
13. Prepares journal entries reflecting all payments and receipts of the organization not handled by normal process in software.
14. Coordinates all property management invoices receiving proper approval before being process in software system
Solid knowledge of accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), accounts payable and payroll systems
Solid 10-key adding machine skills
Solid computer and data entry skills
Ability to work with attention to detail and maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel and the general public
Up to six (6) months on-the-job training to perform the job effectively
Equipment requiring involved set up, adjustments and operational procedures (e.g. word processing equipment, personal computer, scanners, and digital copier/printer)
Standard office software (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access)
Detailed but reasonable to understand procedures to cover all duties. Occasionally guidance is needed to handle irregular situations. Plans daily work activities and prioritizes tasks independently. Work is typically reviewed at during monthly closing of books and accounts.
Please list your salary requirements when responding to this job posting. Responses with no salary requirements will not be considered.
Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://link.do/54WaX