compensation: Starts at $54,527 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Under general supervision, balances and updates general ledger and subsidiary accounts, performs month-end accruals and closing procedures, and prepares financial, management, and regulatory reports.
• Perform accounts payable and receivable functions, and maintain supporting documentation.
• Prepare general ledger reconciliations, maintain fixed assets and prepaid expense subsidiary ledgers,
and accrual sub-ledgers.
• Monitor cash position and forecasted liquidity needs.
• Reconcile payroll and taxes, remittances, and employer tax reports.
• Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements, ratio analysis, delinquency, and other performance reports.
• Assist with preparation of regulatory and other external reports.
• Prepare allowance for loan loss evaluation schedules based on approved methodologies.
• Assist with ALM monitoring and reporting.
• Maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a
• Prepare additional analysis or reports as requested.
• Perform investment accounting and reporting activities.
• Assist with annual budget process and written presentation.
• Organize documents and supporting schedules for audits and examinations.
• Maintain positive and productive relationships with audit committee, auditors, and regulators.
Daily Processing Support
Oversees Vendor Who Conducts Daily Processing Functions: Teller work balancing; share drafts; remote deposit capture; ATM; CUSN shared branch; debit cards; ACH; ACH origination; bill pay; corporate balancing; back-up withholding; cash advances; official checks; money orders; wire transfers; cash letter adjustments; CUDC processing; savings bonds; student loan settlement; system balancing.
• Serves as a backup to daily processing staff as needed.
• Maintain required knowledge and training of critical daily processing tasks to ensure business
• Exemplify a high standard of self-motivation, work ethic, and support of Credit Union strategies at all
• Ability to perform well under stressful situations
• Ability to evaluate pertinent information and make quality decisions regarding credit union assets.
• Ability to recognize and follow credit union structure, goals and chain of command
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to direct and/or carry out detailed written or oral instruction
• Ability to speak clearly using good diction to communicate with members and other employees
verbally in person and on the phone.
• Ability to operate a personal computer in a networking environment.
• Ability to work with complex electronic spreadsheets.
• Ability to consolidate and analyze complex information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Two to five years of similar or related experience. Financial institution experience required; credit
union experience preferred.
• Proficiency with accounting software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other business applications.
• A bachelor's of science degree in accounting and/or finance
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers