compensation: $41,600 - $67,520 plus company paid benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The full-cycle Accounts Payable (A/P) Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of weekly A/P processing including invoicing for construction sub-contract labor, construction materials, construction equipment and general overhead (including employee) expenses. This position will maintain current vendor accounts and relationships, make invoice entry in to ERP and electronically route invoices to approvers and process, via check and electronic payments, all A/P weekly payments. This position will also be responsible for monitoring all vendor payment agreements to manage discounts and reconcile payable reports each month to confirm payment accuracy.
$41,600 - $67,520
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for data entry, category coding, and processing of all vendor invoices and ensuring they are properly captured in Vista ERP.
- Reconcile invoices with purchase orders and manage invoice sales tax assignments.
- Answer vendor and subcontractor inquiries and correspondence regarding invoice status.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies, filing documents and assist with the collection of subcontractor and vendor tax and insurance information.
- Perform A/P monthly closings and financial reports.
- Handle routine internal/external inquiries regarding account payment status and balances and assist in resolving payment discrepancies.
- Process transmittal information from checks, drafts, ACH transfers for invoices and confirm proper credits to accounts.
- Review and confirm customer payments to identify related A/P payments for processing. Prepare and distribute A/P related financial reports.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Assist Accounting Department and/or Controller with other duties as assigned.
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be skilled in the use of MS Word and must be a very good writer in order to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department.
- Must have very good verbal, including telephone and customer service, skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: At minimum a 2-year degree with 4 years of proven A/P experience
- Preferred: 4 Year degree in accounting with ample knowledge of A/P, tax and accounting principles. Willing to teach and learn other functions within the department. Knowledge of Viewpoint, Project Management, and HCSS-Heavy job, or equivalent systems is highly desirable.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers